Chapter 4

Hey guys! I know it's been like 3 years since I wrote, but I had a major case of writer's block. But now I have wrote the longest chapter I have ever written. It's a little long but you'll live. Enjoy my melons!

Sophia groaned as she slid down the door in complete anguish. How could I have been so stupid; letting people tamper with Fern's sensitive mind. "Fern, please come out, you were right! This was a complete mistake. I made Macy leave, you can come out now," Sophia gasped out of breath from running up the stairs. No answer. Of course, ugh Mom, why'd you have to put her in this situation?

Fern grimaced hearing her sister plead for her to come out. Oh whatever, she knew I was going to do this. I just need a little more time....... Finally ignoring her sister's wales, she walked over to the glowing stone on her mantle. She stared at it, completely submerged in its pulsing colors. Her strong mental stability suddenly lost in its swirling colors. Fern, a voice trilled, extending every letter of her name .
"Mhm," Fern responded numbly, already used to this voice.

What do you seek from me?

"Rose."

Come see her, come to me, the voice said lullingly.

"Ok," Fern said, smiling stupidly.

When she uttered those words, her eyes rolled to the back of her head, the ghost of her grin still etched on her face.

When Fern opened her eyes, she was in what seemed like a dark room. But when things came into focus, she saw she was in a pitch black void that seemingly went on forever with nothing to fill it. Well, except for her. Suddenly, there was a bright light right on front of her, and when it faded away, she saw Rose, floating in a clear capsule, with nothing but a white, plain dress on. "Ro-Rose," Fern stuttered, reaching a shaking hand to touch the capsule containing her sister. But instead of touching the smooth glass, her hand miserably grasped thin air. She groaned, "When can I have her back?" The voice returned; its voice seducing Fern into a trance once more. You can't touch her until you give me what you promised. Fern nodded, smiling once more. "It'll be easy, anything for Rose." She paused for a moment, then spoke. "But why don't you let me go to my family? That annoyance of a sister 'needs me.'" A sigh echoed through the void, and Fern immediately crouched into a ball in fear. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to displease you, punish me if you must."
Oh Fern, when have I ever taught you to be afraid of me?
Then, a firm wind held Fern by the waist, and what felt like a hand lifted her chin. She struggled a little, but fell limp in the wind. Good girl. I have been good to you yes?
"Mhm," Fern squirmed uncomfortably.
The hand left her chin, and trailed down her neck, stopping in the middle of her throat.

Then you can promise me that I'll give everything to you, as long as you obey me.
"Ok."
That's when Fern looked at where the hand left her throat, and saw a small mark. There in the middle of her throat was a swirl that was deep red engraved in her skin.  "What?"
The voice said," This shows that you're loyal to the stone. You will do whatever it takes to give me what I want."
"I will do whatever it takes. I promise."
"Good girl. I don't want to scare you, but if you fail me, your sister stays with me." The hand appeared again touching her mark,  and at its contact, lines burst onto her skin, curving themselves in every which way into a sun. "Now, you are loyal to me."
Fern traced the lines of the sun fondly and spoke," I won't let you down.
"I know you won't."
Then everything faded away, and soon Fern was out of her sub conscience. Her hand fell at her mark, and her grin grew even larger. She whispered, "I'm coming Rose."