forty six

"Jesus Christ!" Brendon yells, waking me up from my sleep.

"Brendon what the fuck?" I shout as I hear a loud bang.

"Sorry, Em!" Brendon shouts, and I throw on a shirt and hurry downstairs.

"Yeah, Dallon just assaulted me." He laughs, smiling sheepishly and picking up a frying pan off the floor before going out of the room.

"Hey Emma." Dallon smiles at me.

"Hey."

"This is my girlfriend, Breezy." He points to a stunning woman with long hair that's in beach waves that's stood behind him.

"Hey, I'm Emma." I smile at her, and she grins back. "Breezy." She replies and nods at me.

"These are all for me." Brendon walks back in with at least six colourful presents in his arms.

"As if." I roll my eyes, and he just laughs. "I'd rather not be waken up like that again. I thought you died." I playfully punches him in his arm as he set the presents down near the Christmas tree.

"I wish I did." Brendon responds, laughing. (ok but me)

"Aren't they just a great couple..." Dallon laughs sarcastically

"So, you two are dating?" Breezy asks, pointing at me and Brendon.

I nod. "Sadly."

"You love me really." Brendon says.

I make us all some eggs and toast, and we all eat happily whilst we have funny conversations. Dallon and Brendon keep exchanging dumb stories of them as teenagers, and Breezy eventually tells us the cute story of how she and Dallon met.

"So, how did you and Brendon meet?" Breezy chimes, sipping her warm cup of coffee.

"Well..." I stutter - I was not going to mention the fact that Brendon was my high school English teacher.

"It's a cute story actually. We met in the record shop down the street, when Emma was buying a Frank Sinatra record. I started talking to her, and I knew she was perfect from the moment I met her." Brendon interrupts me, and squeezes my hand towards the end, gazing into my eyes. I smile at him and give him a quick peck on the lips.

"Aw!" Breezy grins widely. "Their's is better than ours, Dal."

"No, our story is the best." Dallon insists, kissing Breezy on the cheek.

"Give me a second." I stand up, "Need to call someone."

I walk into the living room, quickly pulling my phone out to dial my mom. She almost immediately picks up, and I greet her happily.

"Merry Christmas Eve mom! What time are you gonna be here?"

"Uh, sweetie. I'm sorry. I'm not gonna make it."

"What?"

"All the flights are cancelled. There have been storms here, and there's no way any of them are flying tonight, or tomorrow. Or maybe even next week. And if I drive, by the time I get there Christmas will be already over."

"Mom, are you serious? You can't just leave me by myself for Christmas!"

"I'm sorry, babe. I really miss you, and I want so badly to be there with you. I think you're just going to have to spend Christmas with Ashley."

"Okay. If that's how it is." I sigh. "I miss you."

"I miss you too. Look, I have to go. But I promise I'll make it up to you when I'm back. And I can't exactly give you your Christmas presents right now, but I promise I will when I get back. I love you."

Before I can say anything back, she hangs up, leaving me almost in tears.

"Hey, Em. Everything okay?" Brendon walks in.

"I'm fine." I shake my head, and he notices the tears in my eyes as I turn around, and immediately wraps his arms around me.

"Come on, princess. It's Christmas, we can't have you crying!" He laughs slightly, kissing my forehead.

"Yeah, I guess." I pull away, laughing slightly.

"Come on, I'll set up some Christmas movies."

-
lol merry christmas ya'll