Chapter 1- P.O.V.s Mia and Carter

Mia James sighed as she looked at the dress her dad had laid out for her. It was dark purple, her favorite color, but it was so, girly! It had a v-neckline and little sequins amid the frills and lacs. It went a few inches below her knees. Next to it was a pair of purple heels. Her stepmom Arizona came into the room. She was dressed in a pale pink skirt and a white blouse with a pair of white flats with small pink bows on them. Her hair was combed back and she looked pretty. Secretly, Mia wished she could pull off a look like that, the sweet, innocent, and beautiful look, but that wasn't her. Mia sighed. "Dad's making me wear, that." She gestured towards the dress. Arizona's eyes widened, "well, that's, unfortunate..." Arizona looked at the dress and fingered it. "I have an idea" she said. Arizona pulled out a pair of sewing scissors and handed Mia a plain black skirt. "Put this on." Arizona said, and Mia went to her closet and changed, when she came out, she gasped. Her stepmother had cut the bottom of the dress off and turned it into a shirt. She'd also cut off some of the lace and frills and had made the shirt more of Mia's style. Mia pulled the shirt over her head and smiled at what she saw. Then she remembered the heels. "Do I have too?" She complained, sounding a bit like a whiny kindergartner as she said it. "Well, I'm afraid you do..." Arizona said, "you'll be able to get away with the short but I think your father will put his foot down with the shoes. Mia sighed but put them on. Then they walked downstairs. Mia's dad, Lukas James, Principal of Aspen Springs High School, stood talking to the baby sitter who would be taking care of baby Michael. Mia's twin brother, Carter was pacing anxiously by the door, and was dressed as usual, which was to say, dorky. He hand a blue collared shirt on and slacks (which was more dressy than usual) and a pair of nice dress shoes. Carter was pushing back his hair and it was being very uncooperative and continued to stick up. Mia laughed. Her father and Carter turned to look at her and Mr. James' brow furrowed. "Mia, what happened to the dress?" Arizona answered for her, which Mia was very thankful for. After Arizona finished explaining, Mia's dad sighed, and waved his hand. "Alright then, time to go." He opened the front door and the family walked out. They got into the car and drove to the museum. Mia sighed, why did they have to go to such a boring museum meeting?
-------------------------------------
Carter immediately got out of the car. He wanted to get to the new exhibit right away. He started a brisk walk to the front of the museum and slipped inside. He immediately realized this was a mistake. He looked to his left and saw Josh and some of them other boys from school. Carter tried to walk away without looking at them but he knew they'd noticed him. Carter looked around nervously for his dad but then he saw Miss Lee, the museum secretary. "Hello!" Carter exclaimed. Miss Lee turned to him. "Oh, hello Carter!" She said cheerily. "Here I'll show you something." Miss Lee turned and started to walk away, towards the basement of the museum. When they reached the door, Miss Lee smiled and said, "after you!" Carter entered the room and Miss Lee followed behind him, closing the door and turning on the lights. As the room was illuminated, Carter gasped. It was filled with artifacts. "Are these the ones going into the exhibit?" He asked. "Some of them." Miss Lee said, shrugging. "Others, well, why don't you look around." Carter's brown eyes widened and he smiled. "This is so cool!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my first chapter of this and I actually have a lot that I've made and will be posting soon! I really hope you guys enjoy this story because I have really enjoyed writing it! Thanks for reading my stories! Bye!