11. In Person

I woke up with a pounding headache.I groaned and covered my eyes from the light streaming in through the curtains.I felt something rub my neck and I stiffened.I quickly rolled over and screamed.A puppy?What the hell?I looked around the room.Where the hell am I?The puppy cautiously came over and curled up in my lap.I sat up and looked at it.I heard someone running towards the room and Joseph burst in.

"What happened?What's wrong?"

"Is this your dog?"

His eyes widened.

"I don't have a dog."

The puppy looked up at him then laid back down.

"Well someones dog is laying on my lap right now.How did I even get here?I don't remember anything after shot 5."

"I don't remember anything after leaving the bar.I guess I had the sense not to let you wander home alone."

"Thanks.I wouldn't have made it."

I looked around for my phone.It was on the bedside table.I picked it up but paused when I saw the paper underneath it.I picked it up and looked at it.

"Oh my god."

Joseph looked at me.

"What?"

I showed him the paper.

"The puppy is ours."

He came over and sat on the edge of the bed beside me.He looked over the paper and started chuckling.

"Did we seriously drunkenly adopt a puppy?"

I giggled and looked down at the puppy petting her.

"I can't control my drunken self.I've always wanted a dog and apparently I'm persuasive enough to get you to adopt it with me."

I picked her up and held her to my face.

"What are we going to do with her?I can't have pets where Claire and I live."

He took her from my hands and looked at her.She licked his nose and I smiled at how cute it was to see him scrunch up his face.He smiled none the less.

"Well I suppose we give her a name and she can stay with me."

I smiled really wide.

"Are you serious?"

He chuckled and sat her down on the bed.

"I'm serious.I'll keep her here."

I leaned forward and tackled him in a hug.

"Oh my god oh my god.I have a puppy.I have a dog.Dreams really do come true."

He simply laughed at me and hugged me back before we pulled apart and I looked at her.I giggled at the thought I had.

"You realize we only met yesterday and we already have a dog together?Didn't we skip like 10 steps?"

He chuckled.

"Oh well.How are we going to tell everyone we drunkenly adopted a puppy?"

"We start with groupchat and go from there."

"Oh lord."

I raised and eyebrow at him.

"What?"

"I'm picturing all of their responses.Daniel has started saying that you're his new child and this isn't going to help the ships."

"This will be fun.I really wanna prank them though.Like start it all serious like something bad happened and then just show them."

"Let's get this started."