20. In Person

I woke up to knocking at the front door.I figured Claire had left already so I got out of bed and went downstairs to the door.I opened it up and saw Joseph standing there with Jem in his arms.He smiled when he saw me.

"Good morning."

"Morning.What are you doing here?"

"Well Jem here has been missing you loads."

I took Jem from Joseph's arms and cuddled her to my chest.

"I've missed her too."

I moved aside and he came inside.

"I also don't have any scenes to film today and you seemed very down yesterday so we're going to go take Jem for a walk and get some lunch.You're also not allowed to say no."

I rolled my eyes but smiled none the less.

"Fine.Let me shower and change and then we can go."

"Sounds good to me."

I sat Jem down and she cautiously looked around the house.I went back up to my room and went to my bathroom to shower.Once I got out I got dressed in some black jeans,a blue t-shirt,and my converse.I grabbed my purse and phone before going back downstairs.Joseph was in the living room with Jem on his lap.She got up when she saw me and came trotting over to me.I picked her up and held her to me.

"Alright.I'm ready to go."

We left the house and started walking to the park which wasn't that far from Claire and I's house.Jem was walking on her leash and enjoying being out in the open and sniffing everything she could.She got tired fairly quick though so Joseph and I had to take turns carrying her.Joseph and I were talking and laughing about anything and everything we could think of.Conversations came really easy and it was nice to be able to talk freely.We decided to go to a little restuarant by the park that allowed us to eat outside with Jem.We took our seats and ordered our drinks and food.Jem was happily sleeping on my lap.I smiled down at her and pet her head.

"It's so weird actually having a puppy."

"Imagine waking up in the morning to one in your face."

"I'm jealous.I wish I could have her over at my house."

"Well you're welcome over at the house when you want to see her.Or maybe on days that I have a lot of scenes to shoot you could stay there with her.I have my neighbor stopping by to let her out but I think she'd enjoy your company more."

I smiled a wide smile at him.

"I'd love to watch her.She is half mine too."

He chuckled.

"I'll send you the address and days I film late."

"That'd be wonderful."

Our food came out and we started eating it and talking about our experiences on sets.It was cool to learn new things about shows I've seen and about our friends.Once we had finished up our meal we walked back to Claire and I's house.I picked Jem up and held her to me while looking at Joseph.

"Thank you for today.It really means a lot."

"Of course.I'll be sure we do it again."

I gave Jem a small kiss on her head before giving Joseph a hug.

"I'll talk to you later Em."

"Okay.Bye."

"Goodbye."