Chapter Six

I had to admit, this wasn't my best moment; I was curled up in the back of a van, staying as quiet as possible as a couple of Negan's men drove down the road. It had been over thirty minutes since they'd gotten on the road, the sun had already set, and I was stuck trying to figure out where they were headed. If they were going to Hilltop, they'd have been there by now. My thoughts were soon interrupted as the van stopped, and the doors opened as the men stepped out, their muffled voices hard to make out. I sat up a bit, peeking out the window to see an RV rolling up into the middle of what seemed to be a small clearing, possibly used as a campsite prior to the world going to hell. My eyes traveled back and forth until I spotted Negan, who was chatting enthusiastically with a man on the ground. I frowned, not recognizing the man, who donned a mullet. His face had been busted up quite a bit, that much I could tell, but it was hard to see anything else since it was getting dark.

Negan retreated into the RV, and I took this as my moment to crawl out of the van, crouching down as I quietly closed the back door. I looked around, making sure no one was around before scurrying closer, hiding behind a smaller car quickly as one of his men turned to look in my direction. After a few seconds passed he turned to face forward once more, and I sighed in relief as I looked up at the sky; it was such a beautiful night, the stars shining, yet a strange blanket of smoke could be seen in the not so far distance. Loud whistling caused me to jump, and I looked around the back of the car to find a group in the middle, a few of them carrying a stretcher with a woman on it. It was then I realized what kind of run this was, as I had once been in this same situation, my stomach churning at the memory.

They were brought to their knees, forming a line of people as Simon stood in front of them, backing up towards the RV. "Alright, let's meet the man." he announced, loud enough for me to hear as he knocked on the RV's door. As if on cue, the door opened abruptly, and I watched as Negan stepped down with a wide grin spreading over his cheeks. "We pissing our pants yet?" he asked the group, letting out a short chuckle before stepping forward. "Boy...do I have a feeling we're getting close." I watched as everyone looked up at him, my eyes focusing on the woman that had been on the stretcher. She didn't look so good, all hunched over and sickly pale. She seemed familiar to me, and as I observed her face it finally donned on me.

Maggie Greene; a girl I'd gone to high school with. We weren't very close at the time, but we were still friends for those four long years. My heart sunk with pity as Negan spoke up once again. "Which one of you pricks is the leader?" he asked the group, and Simon came up behind the man in the middle. "This one. He's the guy." Negan slowly walked up to him, Lucille resting casually on his shoulder as he tilted his head, and I didn't have to see his face to know he was smiling. "Hi...you're Rick right?" he started softly, "I'm Negan."

Author's Note: hey guys! How do you think Negan is gonna react when he sees Robin? Thoughts? And if you read please please pleeeaase leave a vote. It only takes about 2 seconds :)