Chapter Nine

"I mean, if you had just fucking stayed at the Sanctuary, I'd be thinking about being gentle with you tonight. But now, sex isn't even on my mind....or at least the sweet shit isn't." Negan continued to rant with a voice filled with frustration, letting out a groan as he watched the road. I looked out the window silently, eyes brimming with tears as I chewed at the inside of my cheek, trying not to break down. "I mean what were you fucking thinking?" he asked, and I jumped at how loud he spoke as I turned to face him with a soft sniff. "I...I hate being away from you." I whispered softly, but he could still hear as his expression softened slightly and he cleared his throat.

"Did you think I wasn't gonna come back? I always do--" I quickly interrupted him, "There's always that once chance. One mistake and you wouldn't be...." I sighed softly, looking ahead as I tried to pull away from the topic. The car was silent as we continued to drive along behind the rest of his men, who were a good distance ahead. "I know that girl...the one they carried in on the stretcher. Her name's Maggie." I stated softly, and when he didn't respond I continued. "She was about a year older than me, though we were in the same grade...we were friends." I looked over at him as he sighed, frowning a bit at his words. "Are you trying to make me feel guilty or something?" I straightened up in my seat, stumbling over my words as he began to speed up, "W- what? N- no.....no I'm not." I held onto my seatbelt, watching the road with wide eyes as I began to panic. "Negan...Negan slow down."

He ignored me as he continued to race down the dark road, tires screeching as he turned a corner. "Watch out!" I cried out as a deer ran into the road, Negan swerving to avoid it. The deer hit the side of the vehicle as we ran off the road into a tree, my head knocking against the window as we made contact, the air bag hitting me in the chest as I screamed. I tried to say his name, turning my neck painfully to see his head was against the steering wheel, my vision blurry. Darkness...sudden darkness.