[ 6 ] We're Watching

Original Stats:
264 Views. 17 Votes. 5 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

We're Watching

Androids (Chase)

━━━━━━━━━

Her voice. That was the one thing getting me through this dark time. It was the only thing I could truly hold onto for longer than a second. Even if I could barely catch onto her words. "He would know. He would know everything. He does, know everything." She whispered ever so gently. Her voice had been soft all day. She had barely spoken a word up until this moment. I hated listening in, but I needed it. I needed to hear her voice. Somewhere inside myself, I still missed her. I had to contain myself despite this inner need. If I let my emotions run too wild, I wouldn't survive.

"Bree!" I could hear Adam call after her. I couldn't bare to listen in on their conversation. I knew that the two had avoided sleep after I had alerted them to the upcoming war. I had rattled all of them, to say the least. But it wasn't like I had gotten much sleep myself. All my thoughts, every second of every day since I had left, had been about them. It didn't help that Giselle had ordered Troy and I to track their every movement. The evil couldn't dare lose them for a second.

There was only one short period of time where their locations tapered off. It had been just after our talk last night. That had been the mystery of our side for the last twenty four hours. Where could they have gone that didn't allow for locations to be sent to the satellite. "I never got to tell him I loved him either, Adam." Bree suddenly spoke, her words breaking through my sudden daze. Those words, those few words slid through me like a knife. I had known it, yes, but I had never once heard her say the words out loud. She had always kept it private. Had always kept those feelings hidden just as I did. Who wouldn't keep them a secret, when put in the situation that we had been in. Half the time we had thought we were actually related. The other half was spent in finding time alone. Just to be in each other's company.

"Find anything?" Troy huffed as he pushed back into the conference room. Giselle and Troy had left the majority of the work to me. The two continued to run off, leaving me alone to complete this job. I almost felt it was punishment for not helping them sooner. Or for being good for such a large portion of my life. Giselle had converted to evil so long ago, she didn't know much else.

"Their locations." I sighed as I leaned back, picking up a red pen and circling the space on the map. "They disappear here." I had far too much time on my hands. Sketching out this map had been one of the many pass times I had made up for myself. That, and listening in on Bree. That had always been such a wondrous way to pass the time.

Troy held a look of concern, his eyebrows furrowing together. The android made his way back over to me. His eyes then focusing in on the empty space I had lined out for us to inspect. "Where do they keep going?" Troy muttered as his right index finger traced over the circled spot of oblivion. I shook my head, standing up from my chair and pushing the object aside. I had been sitting for, only God knows how long.

"I wouldn't know." I got in, standing next to the boy, each of us keeping our gaze on the map. It wasn't like we had much else to look at. "They get out of the hydro loop on the mainland check in, then stay put in their places for only a few seconds. Suddenly their locations just drop off." I finished, turning around as the familiar sound of Giselle's high heels took over the silence in the room. Our boss dominated at any given moment. Forcing us to drop whatever it was that we were doing, just to look at her. She needed all the attention she was going to get.

"What's this about not being able to track them?" Giselle asked sternly, her hands placed on her hips as she strutted back and forth on the opposite side of the long table. The conference room held a long, white table in the center, the rest of the room completely white, just like the lab. The difference to this room was the lighting. There was only a single light fixture resting down from the ceiling, just above the table. The other source of light being the large monitor on the back wall.

Giselle held her glanced away from us, the atmosphere she had brought in being deterring enough. "They disappear around this area." Troy added in, motioning back to the map before he slid it across the table to her. Giselle picked up the paper, acting as though it meant nothing to her. When in fact, it had to mean everything. This was our life line at the moment.

"You know where this is Chase?" Giselle asked absentmindedly as her eyes scanned over the map. I nodded, being able to have a clear image of the space in my head.

"I do." I breathed. A slight twinge of fear hit me as I spoke those words. Something about Giselle's demeanor in this moment gave me a chill.

"And do we have weapons set up in this location?" She questioned as she tossed the map back onto the table. She began to pace around the room again, slowly, this time. Taking every step as though it was her last.

"We do." I replied reluctantly. That was it. Those words, had been the ones to give me the chill. The ones that had turned my stomach inside out without even being said. Nothing could feel worse than this moment.

"Alright then. Set it off." Giselle ordered as she spun back around to face Troy and I. Her words had been directed at me, however. This had nothing to do with Troy. "Wherever they keep disappearing to, they'll be trapped." Giselle's face took on a more evil tone to it as a cruel grin returned to her mouth. She honed her attention in on me as she pushed a nearby computer in my vicinity. "Do it." She urged. All eyes were turned my way as my own focused in on the computer screen.

I knew what this was. I knew exactly what this was. There on the screen, held every weapon, trap, or whatever you wanted to call it, that we had set up at the academy. There was one perfectly placed. One just where their locations had dropped off at. "What if we-"

"We won't kill them, Chase." Giselle reassured as shook her head. Our boss made her way around to me. "We'll only trap them. But they'll escape." She spoke as she placed a hand on my shoulder. "Press the button." She urged once more. "And phase two will be complete."

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either this profile or Smilie254 when you can!

~Shay