[ 19 ] Deactivation During A Deadly Occasion

Original Stats:
272 Views. 18 Votes. 12 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Deactivation During a Deadly Occasion

Bionics (Bree)

━━━━━━━━━

My heart rate sped up as I unlocked the door. I didn't know what would be laid out before me as I exited the room. Everything had been so new as of late. I warily looked out, making sure there was no one in the hallway to stop me. I had to make this escape as silent as possible. If I didn't, it would blow the whole plan. The plan that Chase had created. This whole thing almost didn't seem real. After all that had happened between Chase and I, it almost seemed as though his help was misguided. That he was doing this, helping me escape, to assist in Giselle's master plan of eradicating the bionic race. But in the same instance, it really felt like Chase was back. The way he had looked at me those few times during my time here, told me exactly what I had needed to know. Chase had been on Giselle's side, but he was only kidding himself back then. Now he knew who he really needed in his life. Despite the fact that so little of us were left to stand beside him.

I bit into my lip as I forced my way out into the hallway. I knew Chase had been planning something, but I didn't know exactly what. Killing Giselle would probably be at the top of our list, and then deactivating the many androids under her control. From this point forward, I needed to keep my head on straight. Chase, and hopefully Adam, would be here to help me take on Giselle. I couldn't do this alone, and neither could Chase. Chase knew that well enough. I turned around to the back end of the hallway as I let the door gently close behind me. I had never ventured down that way. I wasn't completely aware of the layout here. Giselle had obviously crafted it that way, so only she knew where she was going. I knew where the entrance to the warehouse was, but I didn't know where the other end of the hallway would take me.

I nodded to myself as I crept down, the door that led to my family standing on my left as I walked. I could hear my heart beat within my ears as I stopped just in front of the door, standing on my tip toes to look inside to them for one last time. I didn't know what would happen within the next few minutes. Either way, I would have to leave them behind. I swallowed hard at the sight of the three laying still. I could feel my eyebrows furrow as I caught a single movement of Mr. Davenport. It looked as though my dead father was reaching into his pocket for something. I shook my head, deciding to leave the thought behind me as I pushed further on down the hallway.

The halls were dark, but the hallway I was in did lead somewhere. I squinted, narrowing my eyes as I focusing in on a small spot of light just ahead of me. It looked as though after I turned the corner, the hallway did take you to a dead end of sorts. But the dead end, was a room. The light was creeping out from under the closed door. I let out a shaky breath as I took small steps towards the door. I wouldn't have much of a choice in starting this final battle. If I started this battle on my own, it may buy Chase more time in getting Adam here to help. But if I did decide to take on Giselle by myself, I could be risking my life even further. I stepped carefully as I made my way to the door, stopping in front of the door and listening in. I couldn't hear a sound, but if there was one, it was so faint that I couldn't make it out.

I reached out, turning the nob quietly and popping the door open a crack. A dim light pooled out around me and out into the hallway, the door now open revealing a small room. The small room held no light, this room being darker than I had expected. This room held servers, the kind that computers connected to. The light, the one that was coming through the door, was coming from the adjacent room just across from the darker room. There was a large opening at the back of the server room opening up to the dimly lit room. That room, held a single light fixture hanging down from the ceiling. I took a step, walking into the room with caution as I glanced from side to side. There were large server computers all around me. There was a small inlet between one wall and the server at my right, the space dark enough that I couldn't see into it. I frowned as I made my way towards it, looking into the space before an android stepped out in front of me, almost knocking me down.