[ 7 ] An Explosive Beginning

Original Stats:
240 Views. 18 Votes. 3 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

An Explosive Beginning

Bionics (Bree)

━━━━━━━━━

"Press the button." She urged once more. "And phase two will be complete."

"We're sure he's not doing this on purpose?" Douglas questioned as he leaned back against the wall. In that moment, I could see how alike the two Davenport brother's were. Not only did the two consistently carry around a rolled up piece of paper, but they had each fixated on the factor that Chase was still playing for our team. So much so to the fact that they though it was true. I had somehow, completely on accident, convinced the two that Chase was still good. That he had been pretending this whole time.

"We're you not there last night? Chase was an animal." Adam spit back as he ran his fingers across his head. "I know you weren't with us when we walked into that lab. Giselle's lab. You never had to feel the things that Bree and I did when we walked in to find that." I nodded as I shifted on the stool once again. I couldn't feel more uncomfortable than I did in this moment. I hated speaking of this. It seemed as though it was all we talked about anymore. I didn't blame anyone. They didn't know what type of emotional turmoil I was going through. My brain had become mush within even the last hour of questioning. That was simply the effect that Chase had on me.

"None of you saw it with your own eyes." I added in, my voice squeaky as I voiced the words. "Having to see Chase in that way, even if it wasn't actually him..." I trailed off, feeling my heart lurch in my chest as the images flashed over my eyes. I could still see it. I could still see his lifeless body resting on that table, his wrists strapped down along with his ankles. I could feel the heartbreak as I realized his eyes would never open again. But I could also remember the confusion and hatred I had felt the night before when we had found out that all of that, was indeed a lie. "Chase is not to be trusted." I shook my head, feeling all of their eyes on me as I took on a silent front once again. It was just easier that way, to keep quiet. At least when I didn't open my mouth we could get involved in a war.

"Where would you say that they're hiding at?" Davenport orated, his eyes never leaving me. I was still the only one that could get inside Chase's head. The only one that had even the slightest insight to anything having to do with Chase. Even the two that created him in that lab seventeen year ago, didn't have a clue. I knew it all. Just as Chase knew everything about me. Only moves and counter moves to follow as this war began.

"They have to be in Giselle's lab." I said, the warily white rooms coming to mind. "They couldn't have left. The place was a labyrinth, Adam and I almost couldn't find our way through it." Adam nodded along with me, his sight still honed in on the escape hatch at the corner. He looked to be struggling internally as much as I had. It still seemed as though no one could begin to understand exactly what I was going through, though. Even Adam, who had seen everything that I had seen. The only difference was he didn't feel the way I felt about Chase. No one did. "There were rooms on top of rooms in there. That one that Chase was in during the call last night, had to be hidden in that warehouse somewhere." I finished, allowing myself to look around at my audience for only a second. Each of them held a look of captivation, utterly amazed with what I was saying. They had appeared this way almost the entire time I had been in here.

"So they haven't moved?" Douglas concluded as he pushed away from the desks around the outer edge of the room. "They've been sitting there, watching us through the security camera footage, just planning their next move?" Douglas asked, almost muddled up in his thoughts. He knew it to be true, though. He knew exactly where Giselle had to be hiding.