[ 13 ] Sweet Dreams

Original Stats:
262 Views. 18 Votes. 17 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Sweet Dreams

Bionics (Bree)

━━━━━━━━━

He was still unconscious, had been for over twenty four hours now. I was starting to doubt Douglas' confidence, saying that Adam would wake up in time for the war. I had been able to make a full recovery. The bionics had helped for me. But for Adam, it didn't look good. I closed my eyes, letting my hand rest over his. His hand was cold, too cold. A kind of uncomfortable cold that left me, myself, feeling just that way. I needed him here now more than ever. Adam knew. He knew just what had gone in between Chase and I. But it wasn't only that. He knew what it had been like to walk into that lab. To find Chase dead. He was the only one that had even the slightest chance at understanding my pain, and he wasn't able to go through this war with me. I would be going it alone.

I opened my eyes, getting up from my spot just below the table Adam was resting on. He would be safe here. At least I hoped so. Giselle would be so caught up with the rest of us, the rest of the bionics. How was she to know that we had left one behind. No matter how important he was. I shook my head, forcing myself to leave the room. Adam would know I had been here to see him before we left. Even if I didn't speak the words out loud, he would know I had said goodbye. I turned a left once I reached the hallway that led out of the health center, making my way out into the main area near the hydro loop. There, the entire student body of the academy stood, waiting for me. I hadn't expected all eyes on me. Though I should have. I had practically started this war.

"Giselle." Douglas breathed reluctantly as he crossed his arms over his chest. The Davenport family stood up near the window, Leo reaching down and helping me up onto the platform along with them. "She'll know which way we're coming. She's got cameras all over that warehouse. They'll be waiting outside." He elaborated, looking almost as broken as I felt. Maybe Douglas did still have left over feelings for Giselle, but that was besides the point. He had lost a son that day, as well. We had all lost someone.

"Bree." Mr. Davenport started, turning to look at me directly. He held a seriousness about him that I had only seen a handful of times. One that left me with a sense of security as he held his gaze on me. "Leo now as a bionic chip with all of your abilities. I've also added geoleaping to both yours' and Adam's." I nodded, the conversation taking on a more depressing tone. "Just in case." I nodded once more, looking away from the man I called my father. I couldn't look at him. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes once more. This could be goodbye. This could be the end, and I hated that thought.

"Are we ready?" Leo asked, his voice loud enough for the entire academy to hear. No one spoke, but everyone knew the answer. We would never be truly ready, but we would have to be if we wanted to end this war. The bionics would hopefully have the upper hand. I couldn't think poorly of my side. I had to hold onto whatever hope I had left. Just like Chase had said. It was basically all we had.

I didn't know how to geoleap, but the skill came quicker than I had thought. Within seconds, we were standing outside Giselle's warehouse. The area was empty, only now being filled with every bionic known. I glanced from side to side, feeling an uneasiness about this battle setting in. I couldn't stop the feeling, it only grew as Giselle appeared in the open doorway. She held an evil smirk on her face as she strode out into the open space, Troy following obediently after her. It felt sickening to know I had been slightly involved with him. Even if he was just a pawn in Chase and I's game. He still was as a matter of fact.