Chapter 5 More Than Meets The Eye

'This' means that it's in Japanese.

The sun hadn't risen yet when Steeljaw was disturbed from his recharge by the sound of Earth music. Thankfully it woke him from his nightmare.With a tired growl he decided to see that the sound was.

"...a cold night, There will be no fair fight, There will be no good night, To turn and walk away."

The music grew louder as he got closer to the training room. Stopping just outside the door he peeked his head around and saw Metalsound making odd hand movements and slow movements, her optics were closed so she didn't even realize he was there. That or she knew and she wasn't acknowledging him. If he had to guess it looked like she was dancing, she was perfectly in sync with the music too. He was about to turn to leave but something was telling him that he couldn't leave her. With an inward sigh he quickly joined her as the song made it to the chorus.

Metalsound let out a gasp as she opened her optics when she felt something take her hands. She was too lost in the music that she didn't realize Steeljaw was even there.

"You startled me," she spoke softly not wanting to disturb the song, "What are you doing up this early?"

Steeljaw let out a soft chuckle, "You looked like you could use a partner," he teased softy.

Feeling how close she was to him made his spark pulse faster than usual, he shrugged it off thinking it was from memories of the dream. Little did he know that Metalsound's spark had skipped a beat so to speak.

As the song ended it was soon replaced with two different guitars playing softly which was making Metalsound to start to panic, trying to get out of Steeljaw's hold to change it. With a smirk Steeljaw wrapped his tail around her waist to keep her from leaving, "Steeljaw let me go," she whimpered as she turned her head away from him.

"Now why would I do that? It's not everyday that I get to see you this nervous," he purred as he started to move to the music.

With an embarrassed growl she refused to look at him, "Just shut up and listen to the lyrics."

With a soft chuckle he listened to the song as he moved to the melody with her. As he listened he started to realize why she was so nervous as he listened to the words.

"She's a picture in my wallet

Of my unborn children's mother

She's the hand that I'm holding

When I'm on my knees and praying

She's the answer to my prayer

And she's the song that I'm playing

And she's everything I ever wanted

And everything I need."

He felt his cheek plates heating up as he too started to blush, thankfully the song was almost over.

"Now who's getting nervous," he heard Metalsound ask.

Trying to get the words out quickly he ended up stuttering before taking a deep breath to calm himself, "Shut up and listen to the stupid song."

Metalsound did her best to hold back her laughter as she hid her smile, hiding her face into his chest. As she song ended she let out a quiet sigh, taking in his scent as she took the deep breath in. He had the fresh scent of pine needles there was also a faint sweet scent mixed in with his own.

"Are you going to let go or are you enjoy staying in my arms too much to pull back?"

Metalsound flinched with embarrassment before quickly letting go turning away from him so he couldn't see her blush, "Let's go on patrol."

She made her way out of the room while Steeljaw stayed where he was, glad that she was gone for the moment.

Why in the Pit's of Kaon did I just say that?!

With a soft growl he followed after Metalsound meeting her outside. The two of them walked through the forest in silence for what felt like hours, neither one knew what to say. The silent area was soon filled with a pained yelp, Metalsound transformed and ran off without a word. Steeljaw ran after her, part of him didn't want her to face whatever was out there alone while another part of him was curious to why she had just taken off.

As he went deeper the sound of whimpers filled the air along with an odd scent. It made him think back to things he didn't want to think about, seeing Metalsound laying on the ground he rushed over to help her thinking that she was injured. As he got closer he realized that she was alright, the odd scent was really close though. Slowly walking around her he saw a young looking wolf, it's foot caught in a trap. The trap itself look horrible, it was like a set of jaws clamping down on the creatures paw. He watched as Metalsound worked to get the trap loose enough to the wolf free. There was a strange red liquid was slowly dripping from where the "teeth" were digging into it's skin, staining it's beautiful red brown fur.

Looking over to the wolf his yellow optic met with it's pale blue eyes, "It can't see," he asked himself softly. The wolf let out a soft whimper as Metalsound managed to free it from the trap, she let out a quiet whine as she gently licked away the red liquid, 'The wound should heal soon, will you be alright?'

Steeljaw watched in silence as the wolf got to it's feet, being careful on it's injured foot, as it let out a happy whine rubbing it's head against Metalsound's muzzle.

'You're welcome.'

Steeljaw tilted his head in confusion, she wasn't speaking like the humans he had encountered with the Autobots, maybe this was one of the many languages on this planet. The wolf seemed to smile at Metalsound and walked off, heading deeper into the forest. 'Stay safe Taiyo,' Metalsound called as the wolf disappeared.

Steeljaw chuckled as Metalsound transformed back into her bot form again, the two continued to walk on, "That was really nice of you to help it."

"Her, her name's Taiyo," Metalsound corrected.

"That's an interesting name, where's you get that from?"

"Google Translate."

Steeljaw looked at her in confusion as he stepped over a large tree root as Metalsound walked beside him. 

"What would Doradus say if he saw you like this? I wouldn't have thought there's a soft side in your heart for cute wolves. So" he smirked as he playfully nudged her side, "Why aren't you like that with me?"

Metalsound let out an annoyed growl and pushed him away from her, causing his to trip over the tree root. As he started to fall he held on to her wrist to keep from falling but he ended up taking her with him as he fell to the ground with a thud.

They looked at each other with wide optics for a moment before Metalsound quickly got off of him, "I think we should head back," she told him quietly as she walked away from him.

Holding her hand to her lips she thought about what had just happened, even though it was for a split second she could still feel his lips. It was more of a soft touch than an actual kiss. . Her spark was pulsing so fast that she thought it was going to burst out of her chest, taking a deep breath she tried to calm herself. She was glad that she saw the ship and made a bee line for her room, closing the door behind her.

::Is everything alright Milady? Where is Steeljaw?::

"What did I say about closed doors?"

::My apologies but I was concerned.::

"I'm fine, I just want to be alone for a while."

::Did something happen?::

"I found Taiyo caught in a poacher's trap, she's alright," she replied before D could ask about the old wolf.

Steeljaw laid on his berth as he stared at the ceiling, he never thought that he would kiss another femme for the rest of his life. Gently pressing his fingers on his lips he could still feel hers against his, "I'm sorry, Darksoul."

With a sigh he closed his optics and slipped into recharge.