Chapter 9 After The Storm

~A huge thank you to Anna Croft for helping me with this story. The rest of this will be like an RP and a part of the credit will go with Anna. I apologize for making everyone wait. Please enjoy the chapter.~

Steeljaw could do nothing but stare at the sleeping femme as the sun started to shine through the window behind him. She looked so peaceful, and pretty. Blinking at the sudden thought he shook his head annoyed that he was even thinking of something like that. He has, had a mate and he will always be loyal to her.

Hearing Metalsound groan in her sleep as she rolled over to the other side of the berth, getting too close to the edge for his comfort. Before he could stop her she fell to the ground with a thud. Wincing at the sound he looked to the floor and let out a soft huff of amusement, she was still asleep. Steeljaw looked at her on the floor and shook his head.

:: You'll get stiff if you stay on the floor Milady,:: D gently scolded the Predacon.

With a tired growl Metalsound slowly sat up, 'Mornin', D, Steeljaw,' she yawned.

"Morning," Steeljaw responded.

Snapping her optics open she slowly turned to Steeljaw, "Did...I stay here all night?"

"Yep," he replied looking away from her.

"Sorry, I hope I didn't keep you up all night."

"You didn't."

"Ok. Are you alright, you look tense."

"I'm fine."

With a shrug Metalsound let out another yawn before transforming into her bot form, she hoped that he wouldn't tease her about being scared last night. Yes everyone was afraid of something but she felt silly for being scared of the thunder, I guess it reminds me of that day, she thought to herself.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. What do you say we go on a patrol," she asked wanting to not think about the past.

"Sure."

The two headed outside, Steeljaw nearly loosing his balance thanks to the mud. Holding back a smile Metalsound looked at the forest, limbs had fallen due to the harsh winds.

"That was quite a storm."

"It was, watch your step," she replied as she walked on.

"I will" he said as he picked up a handful of mud, after getting it just right he threw it at her. Feeling something hit her lower back she let out a yep in surprise and turned to Steeljaw.

"What? I didn't do anything," he insisted with an innocent look.

Narrowing her optics she continued on, moving a tree limb out of the way. Steeljaw picked up another glob of mud and threw it at her. Moving to the side Metalsound smirked, "I won't fall for the same trick twice," she smirked as she transformed into her beast form, letting out a playful growl.

"What are you gonna do?" he asked with a hint of a chuckle.

"You'll see," she teased as she casually walked towards him, her tail swaying along the mud.

"Oh no, no your not" he says before he starts running.

"Hey, get back here," she chuckled as she ran after him.

"You'll have to catch me first."

Running through the mud she took to the sky, he still didn't know that she was able to fly. Steeljaw glanced behind him and noticed she wasn't back there, he stopped and looked around, "Where is she?"