Chapter 2

I get up at 3:45 am, only getting around 5 hours of sleep. I'm exhausted. At 4:00 exactly four is at my door. We go into the training room where he attempts to catch me up.

"How did you do that?" He is staring at the knife I just threw. It's almost dead in the middle.

"I just...threw it." I said

"Try again." He orders

I throw it again and once again it hits the middle.

"Have you don't this before? Not even the initiates can do that." He looks at me suspiciously

"Maybe my grand parents or something were dauntless?"

He gives me one more look.

"Well you obviously don't need practice with knives, so moving on. Can you shoot a gun?" He asked me

"Well I don't know I never have. Abnegation doesn't have guns."

"They don't have knifes either." He points out

"I threw cooking knives. I was a bored child." I say.

We work on many other skills I need and my 6:00 I get to take a break. At 6:30 I am with the other initiates in the cafeteria. I have to explain Many Many times who I am and why I haven't been there for a week. Four told me to tell them I was sick to save time. The trainers name were Molly and Alex. They were harder on me then four was. They too were amazed by the skills I already have learned. Some stuff I was ahead on, although others I was behind.

"Hi I'm Elizabeth!" A tall blonde beside me said.

"Oh, hi I'm natalie."

"I know. Every one is talking about you." She says

"Oh that's encouraging." I roll my eyes

Elizabeth talks to me the rest of the day. By the time I can eat dinner am so sore and tired. The thought of having to do this all over again tomorrow made it worse.