Chapter 3

"Four?" I asked one day

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a family here?"

He didn't answer for a while. Finally he looked up at me.

"My mom is here but other than that, no I do not." He paused. "I used to, but... it doesnt matter lets get back to your training."

He gave me a look that told me to drop it, so I did.

"When can I stop this? I'm pretty sure I'm caught up it's been a month."

"You can stop when I say you can. You're still not what I would call dauntless," he said.

"Alright then," I leave it at that.

In all my training I rank number one or number two. About a week later, Four showed up during my training. I knew it was just to see if I was really caught up or not. I was called to fight next. I was fighting the only person above me. His name was Alex. I could not let him win.

I walk up to the mat and get in the position.

"Good luck. I'll try to take it easy on you," he says. And winks at me.

"Please. You're the one whose going to need the luck." And with that the fight began.

I punched first. Right in the neck. The pain distracted him. I took advantage of this, and knocked him to the ground. Being so Tiny, people always gasp when I knock people to the ground. I look and see Four looking at me. He never smiles. Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen him smile.

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder. I look and Alex is up, and I am on the ground now. I got distracted! Everything goes black.

I wake up to the exact same place as I did when I had the accident. I shudder as I remember the horrible scene. I look to my right and four is standing right there.

"Are you okay?" He says.

"Yep. In absolutely fine." I sit and suddenly feel dizzy, so I lay back down.

"Ha, Yeah obviously. I actually thought you were going win. What happened, Natalie?"

"I got distracted. I could feel your eyes staring at me the whole time. I looked at you for a split second, okay? I would have won if I didn't!"

"You're obviously not ready to stop training in the mornings." He says he starts to walk away.

I jump up. I get extremely dizzy, but I don't care.

"No! I am ready! Why are you so hard on me? You are not this hard on anyone else! I'm ahead of everyone except for Alex. Why don't you train everyone else in the mornings?" I yell. I would have kept going but he gives me a look that tells me to shut up.

"I'm hard on you, Natalie, because...well it's hard to explain. I see potential in you."

"But I'm ready to go on my own now, Four!"

"Alright. If that is what you want then do it. I won't stand in your way!" He holds then door open motions for me to leave.

"Good. Thank you." I say sarcastically.

"Natalie?"

"Yep?"

"Be careful. Not many people will put up with you like I have. If you speak up any other leader like that they would have thrown you out in a heartbeat."

With that I walk away.

AUTHORS NOTE: IF THERE ARE ANY GRAMMAR, SPELLING, ETC MISTAKES PLEASE COMMENT THEM SO I CAN MAKE THIS BOOK AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE. THANKS!

Rylee