Wes

Wes was in shock and denial. He had never seen Soul act like that nor had he expected it. He sat in the large waiting room of the hospital, his head bowed in thought. He couldn't get the image of how Soul looked out of his head. It was like Soul had become a rabid monster. Wes feels himself shiver at the thought. He shakes his head and sits back in the chair, releasing a great sigh. What had he gotten himself into?

"You can go on in now Mr. Evans."

Wes looks at the smiling receptionist. He gives her a slight smile as he stands, nodding his head as a thanks for informing him. He walks down the quiet halls, his mind spinning. He reaches the room and he gently pushes the door open.

"How are you feeling?"

Arachne shifts, the pain causing her to wince. Wes notices the way her face scrunches up when she winces, knowing that she's about to pull him into some messed up plan for revenge.

"Like shit. Can you believe that that little runt did this to me?!"

Wes shakes his head in response. He took note of the anger in Arachne's voice as she speaks to him. Looks like he would be the voice of reason in this once again since his own anger had faded a while ago.

"What a punk. Oh when I get my hands on him..."

"But you won't. You promised me that you wouldn't touch Soul."

Arachne sneers at Wes.

"You're too soft on him Wes. Show him who's boss and he wouldn't have such an attitude."

Wes just shakes his head at her. He and Soul might not agree on a lot of things, but Wes wasn't about to hurt him just because of that. He glances back at the door, going back in his mind to a few months ago when he was visiting his dying great grandfather. The small cross resting on his chest beneath his shirt feels warm on his skin as he thinks about that last conversation and the promise that he made to that dying man.

"....Hello!? Wes?! Are you even paying attention!?"

"Huh, what? Oh yeah, I am."

Arachne glares at him before going back to her rant. He just nods and grunts, not really paying attention to her. All he really wanted to do was walk away and never come back. But Arachne has trapped him into this and he couldn't just back out of it now.

"So here's the plan. We convince Maka that Soul has been using her this whole time and make her hate him. And when he goes to try and make amends if that is what he does, that's when we strike." She smirks. "Let's see just how cocky he is when I'm through with him."

"Woah. What are you planning to do to Soul?"

Arachne's smile widens, sending cold chills down Wes's spine.

"Break him."

As soon as the words leave her mouth, the doctor comes in and ushers Wes out of the room, saying that Arachne had to rest now. Wes stares at the closed door for a moment, his protests left hanging on his lips. The viper of anger that was so common to Soul shows itself in Wes. His fingers curl into a fist and he shoves them into his pockets as he walks back towards the exit. Wes had only wanted to mess with Soul, make a joke out of it. He had never imagined it would go this far. Nor had he wanted it to. But he was powerless to stop it now. Arachne wouldn't listen to reason with her pride on the line like it was. Wes could only imagine what was going through her head right now, all of it horrible. The more he thought about it, the angrier he got. He had to say something to Soul. Hell, he should say something to Maka. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. He was a proud son of a bitch and he wouldn't apologize for anything even if he was sorry that he had done it.

He nods at the receptionist on his way out, noting the way she smiled back at him as he retreated out into the cold night. He sighs, taking a moment to let his anger fade so he could think. If he had to guess, Soul would be at home and would probably have Maka with him. He could warn the both of them, but he knew what Soul would do if he showed up, especially right now. His phone dings and he takes it out of his pocket.

We're going to be home in a few hours. The house better not be a mess. Love you XOXO

Wes sighs again, gripping his phone. After a few minutes he dials a number, putting his phone to his ear. The phone rings several times before going to voicemail. Exactly what Wes was hoping for. He hears the beep and he keeps his voice flat.

"Mom and Dad are going to be home in a few hours. Clean the house up."

He ends the call and puts his phone away. He was confident that Soul had heard the message, and he hoped he would understand what he was trying to say. Wes sighs once more before heading to his car. As he starts the engine up, he silently prays that there was still time for him to stop this whole mess before it got even more out of control.