Long Story Short

"Are you sure about this? We do have school tomorrow."

Maka smiles and leans into Soul. He smiles back, his arm going around her shoulders. These last few weeks have been the best of Soul's life. Yeah, he's always getting teased about Maka being his girlfriend but he didn't care. He loved her and she loved him and that was all that mattered.

"Yes I'm sure. It's not like we have any tests or anything."

"Well aren't you turning into a bad girl."

Soul grins and teases her as she lightly smacks his arm. They walk down the sidewalk, stopping to watch the sun set. When a cold breeze sweeps around them, Soul takes his jacket off and wraps it around Maka. She smiles up at him, her eyes shining slightly. Small butterflies form in Soul's stomach, making him give her a very soft and very sweet smile in return. Maka blushes slightly and they stand there, getting lost in each other's eyes.

"I love you Maka."

"I love you too Soul."

The cool breeze plays with their hair and they start walking again, both of them lost in the world that only they inhabit.

•••••••••

The world was darkness. Black*Star couldn't see a thing. But he could hear soft voices coming from the other room. He shifts around and material scratches at his face. So it was a blindfold that was obscuring his vision. A soft grunt leaves him as he gets himself propped up.

"...later tonight?"

Black*Star holds still and listens to Arachne and the boys talk.

"Yes. We need to get rid of him before he becomes trouble."

"And what do you propose?"

"Shoot him and dump him into the ocean."

"Why don't we just bury him?"

The three argue but Black*Star tunes them out. He's heard enough. He had to escape. He tugs on his bindings but they don't budge.

'C'mon Black*Star. You can do this. This is nothing.'

He thinks to himself as he moves around until he finds an edge of something. He uses it to pull his blindfold down so he could at least see what his surroundings were. It takes his eyes several moments to adjust to the light. He was sitting in Arachne's home. More specifically, her living room. Perfect. He shimmies around until he's able to grab the entertainment stand and pull himself up. He hops over to her kitchen and very carefully opens her drawers until he finds a knife. He grips the handle and takes a deep breath to steady his nerves.

".....poison... keep him subdued."

" No, a gun would be better..."

"...broken neck...."

God. Did they ever shut up? Black*Star moves the blade and starts sawing away at the rope that was holding his wrists hostage. It takes what feels like an eternity to get through but his hands finally break free. He quickly cuts the rope around his ankles and tosses the remains aside. He sets the knife down and he goes back into the living room. He looks around, anxiety starting to build up inside of him. He sees Arachne's phone lying on the table and he scoops it up. Jackpot. He turns it on and he records the last bit of arguing and the groups' consensus. He quickly turns it off and slips the phone into his pocket. He takes off, running into the cold December night.

•••••••••

"You two better behave."

Maka looks up as her father's voice enters the room. She was sitting on Soul's lap, the two of them watching a movie.