Chapter Seven - Fashionably Late Just Went Out the Window

~* Chapter Seven *~

"Hey Rosie." Jase said, opening the door the rest of the way and stepping in, Asher and Max following. "What're you up to?"

"Absolutely fucking nothing." I replied in boredom. I've been sitting in Drew's dressing room for almost an hour with nothing to do. I found and put together a Rubix cube, then mixed it all up, and then put it back together. Drew hates it when I do that because he can't figure out how to do it for the life of him. I'm good at seeing patterns.

"Did you put that together?" Jase asked, plopping himself down on an armchair.

"Yup. And took it apart, then put it back together." I answered in a monotonous voice. Asher let out a low whistle.

"That is so cool!" Max said, staring at it in amazement. "Teach me your ways."

"It's not that hard. Hey, where's Aaron?" I asked when I realized that he wasn't there with them.

"Ah, funny story actually." Asher replied while Jase let out a snort.

"We all made it through high school before the band got big, but because Aaron is the youngest of us he didn't. He would've graduated last year, but he did his last two years online and somehow ended up short a math credit to graduate, so he's doing it now." Max summarized.

"And Aaron sucks at math. Like, sucks worse than anybody you've ever met." Jase explained with a bit of a chuckle. "We have to go run soundcheck, so Ash is playing bass for him, but I'm pretty sure he's about to kill someone."

"Well, what math is he doing?" I asked curiously.

"Calc." He answered, looking hopeful. I thought about it for a second. If I helped him, he might be able to tell there's something off with me, but I know I'd want him to help me if I were in his position...

"I might be able to help him with that."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, I mean I aced calc in high school and took calculus III last year in college. Aced that too." I replied with a shrug. Max raised his eyebrows.

"So you're a nerd?" Max teased, smiling at me. I chuckled and shook my head adamantly.

"Just a math nerd. I suck at pretty much everything else academic." I replied, standing up. "He in your dressing room?"

"Yeah, but I can't say what kind of a state he'll be in. I'd make a run for it if he starts throwing things. His aim is pretty good." Jase warned me with a dorky grin.

"Good luck!" Asher wished me with a thumbs up. The boys all dashed out of the room before I could change my mind. I made my way over to their dressing room and found Aaron in quite a state.

"I'm doing my fucking homework Asher. Just because you're the oldest doesn't mean you're in charge of me. Seriously dude, back the fuck off." He growled, not even turning around. Yikes.

"Uh, it's not Asher." I murmured, bracing up for whatever he would do.

"Rosie?" He questioned, turning around and looking at me in surprise. "Sorry. I'm just in a bad mood. What can I do for you?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. His hair was completely disheveled and he had kind of a crazy look on his face.

"Actually, I'm here to do something for you. I heard you're having a hard time with your calculus homework."

"Yeah, I am. Wanna help me burn it? I just need to find a lighter." He replied, looking dead serious. I gave him a small grin.

"No, but I'll help you do it." I offered, taking a step into the room.

"You're good at math?" He asked hopefully. I nodded. "How good?"