Chapter Four - Welcome to the Jungle

~* Chapter 4 *~

For the first time since I'd left school, Drew is off promotional duty for a day. Since the first show of the tour is tonight, he has the day to rehearse and do whatever he needs to to get in his 'show zone.' I woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so while I lay awake in the wee hours of the morning, I decided that a pre-show prank would be a nice way to start the day.

I thought about shaving off one of his eyebrows, but since his looks are half the performance, I thought that would be too mean. I also thought of dying his hair but ran into the same issue with that one. I considered putting soy sauce in his coffee, but I ran into two problems with that idea. One being that Drew took his coffee way too seriously for me to think too much about messing with it, and the other being that I didn't know where I could get soy sauce.

Then, like a freight train, the prank of the generation hit me.

I jumped out of bed and got dressed, then headed for the store to collect supplies and set everything up. I got back to the room and set up everything I needed to there, then I finally woke Drew up. Did I mention he sleeps like a rock?

"Drew! Wake up!" I shouted excitedly. This was going to be great. He groaned and rolled on to his back. "Come on, let's go. It's 9:00."

He said good morning to me and got out of bed and made his way into the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and snickered proudly. Today is going to be a good day.

About twenty minutes later, Drew walked back out with a confused expression on his face. He looked over at me and cocked his head to the side.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, playing it cool. He ran his hand through his nearly dry hair and much to my pleasure, some glitter flew out and landed on his shoulders.

"The shampoo was...sparkly." He answered like a kid who wasn't listening to the question the teacher asked before they got called on.

"Um...well alright. Go get dressed. We've gotta get to the arena." I replied while pushing him towards his clothes. "I got these out for you and packed everything else because you slept so late. I explained as he looked at the pair of jeans, the t-shirt, socks, shoes, and slouchy beanie. He nodded and thanked me before getting dressed. I had an evil grin on the entire time as I waited for him to be ready to go.

"Hey, can we stop at Starbucks on the way?" I asked as we pulled our bags outside the door.

"Yeah, sure. I'll ask the driver to stop at the closest one. I would kill for some coffee right now." He answered with a nod. Mom and Dad already pre-paid the hotel room, so once we got out of the elevator in the lobby we just strolled outside into our awaiting car. Not to forget about the screaming fans waiting just outside the hotel that the two body guards were attempting to hold back. So it was more of a mad dash to get into the car rather than a stroll. We pulled up to a Starbucks and seemed to lose all of the fangirls, so Drew and I went inside ourselves to get coffee as well as bring something back for the driver.

We got outside and checked around before dashing for the Starbucks entrance. Drew kept his beanie and his sunglasses on even when we got inside, making him look like he was very hungover. It was kinda funny. We got in line and after we ordered, Drew pulled out his wallet and with it came a little bit of glitter from his back pocket. He opened his wallet and some glitter came out of there too, as well as out of the slot his debit card was in when he took that out too.

"The fuck?" He mumbled in confusion as he turned his wallet over. He handed the card to the girl at the register and then put it away after she swiped it. After we walked away to wait for our coffees Drew put two and two together. "Alright, I'll bite. What's with the glitter?" He asked, looking down at me. I giggled proudly at myself. Drew's in for a very entertaining day.