Chapter Three - Hey, Stupid, Wake Up

~*Chapter Three *~

"Hey, Rosie!" I heard a familiar voice call to me. I turned around and gave Drew a weak smile. "The car is all loaded; it's time to go."

I shifted my backpack on my shoulder and walked towards the door before I had the chance to think about doing anything else. Mom and dad were already at the private airport getting everything organized with the plane, and Drew and I were meeting them there. That's right, mom and dad are coming with us because my mother is Drew's manager. 

When we got to the airport, things happened pretty quickly.  The tour started in Colorado, so we were flying there, and then driving on a tour bus to the rest of the venues.  We got dropped off at the hangar for the plane and then the bags were unloaded from the car, reloaded into the plane, and then we were off.

Drew and I sat next to each other in the last two seats. I glanced over at him and was about to ask if he was excited about the tour. Given that he was fast asleep probably meant that he was a little more tired than excited at the moment. Then again, with how hard he's been working I think it'd actually be weird if he wasn't exhausted. The fact that it was only 5:30 in the morning didn't help either.

Not that I blame him for being tired, though. He's been working non-stop on choreography and doing all kinds of promotionals leading up to the tour. I've only been staying at his house for a week, and I don't think I've ever felt like my life was more meaningless. Here's Drew out there becoming a big star and working his ass off, and then there's me, sitting at home watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother. I kinda realized that through high school I was just so busy trying to get by that I didn't really do much else, and in college I was so preoccupied with being Luke's girlfriend and my crazy class load that I didn't take the time to learn who I am. I'm going to use this summer to not only find a fresh start, but to do some self-discovering too.

~*~*~*~

"Hey, stupid, wake up." I said as I shook Drew's shoulder. The plane was landing and he was still asleep.

"God, you're so friendly." He groaned at me, rolling his eyes. I stuck my tongue out at him and stood up to get off the plane. We got into an awaiting limo that would take us to the hotel we were staying at while we were in Colorado. We were driving and when we passed the hotel I knew we were staying at, I started to get a little confused.

"Just be glad I didn't draw on your face."  I replied.  "Hey, dad, where are we going?"  I saw a Starbucks out the window and almost whimpered. Coffee would be really nice right now.

"To the arena. Drew needs to work on the choreography some more. He's still not quite where he needs to be. We also have to go meet the other artists on the tour. The band, the opening act, the dancers; they should all be there waiting by now." He answered, barely sparing a glance at me from his phone. He was still pretty young. Thirty-seven, actually. And mom was thirty-six. They had Drew and me when they were seventeen and eighteen.

"Oh...so no hotel?" I asked a little sadly. I really wanted to get to the hotel, not the arena, but I guess I won't be getting my way much this summer. I'm not sure what I was hoping to do at the hotel, but I wasn't really in the mood to deal with a ton of people. Getting dumped has made me a bit of an introvert.

"Not right now, pumpkin." He replied, then started talking into the bluetooth device in his ear. I swear if you didn't know better you would think he was talking to himself. It's like when you're driving on the freeway and you pass someone who's alone in their car, and you know that they're either giving a personal concert along with the radio or are talking on the phone, but when you can't hear them they just look fucking crazy. The beauty of 21st Century technology.