Chapter Six - Disneyland for Assholes

~* Chapter Six *~

"Pssst." I rolled over. It's just a dream. "Hey, Rosie." Just a dream. "Rosie." Not a dream.

"Ugh, what the hell do you want?" I asked, turning towards Drew. He was beaming at me.

"How'd you like the show?" He asked, giddy like a little kid. I groaned loudly.

"Seriously? You woke me up to ask me that."

"Well, yeah." He replied sheepishly, with a stupid grin on his face. I groaned again and rubbed my eyes.

"You are a horrible human being."

"Yeah? You too. Now, come on, did you love it?"

"You suck." I grumbled at him. He frowned. "You were amazing. Video Girl was awesome."

"Really?! Thanks Rosie." He responded, trying to give me a hug. I sat up so he could, then I laid back down. "Work on that choreography again tomorrow?" 

"It's already tomorrow." I groaned making no effort to cover up the yawn I let out. "But yeah, we can."

"Thank you." He said as he kissed the top of my head and ruffled my hair, then started to get up off my bunk. "I'll see you later!" He chuckled as I shut the curtains to my bunk and closed my eyes.

~*~*~*~

I woke up and got dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a loose, thin, gray v-neck sweater over a black tank top, and my favorite gray Vans. After that, I walked into the arena, then on to where Drew's dressing room was and grabbed myself a mug and poured a cup of coffee. Drew walked in not long after and smiled at me. I returned it as he got some coffee for himself.

"What's the agenda for today?" I asked him. He took a sip, swallowed, then answered.

"I just got back from a radio interview. Now I'm working choreography from ten until eleven thirty with Chris, stage time from noon to two, lunch, then I'm doing a press conference at three."

"And the show starts at eight?" I asked as I took another sip. He nodded. I grabbed the box of Frosted Flakes I saw on the counter and migrated over to the sitting area. Drew followed.

"Tommy wants to talk about closing the show differently. He doesn't like ending on Live to Party. He says it's not exciting enough."

"I'll say." I replied quietly. His eyes widened.

"You really think so?!" I nodded. "Why didn't you say something?"

"Everyone was so stressed about getting the tour off the ground that I didn't want to get in the way or screw anything up." I replied, shrugging.

"What do you think we should do?" He asked, settling into the couch. I slipped my shoes off and sat criss-cross-applesauce on my chair.

"What makes you think I have an idea?" I asked, smiling at him teasingly.

"You're you." He deadpanned. We both looked at each other for a second and then laughed. I tossed a small handful of cereal at him, and then we sobered up.

"Well, what if you ended with Not Your Birthday?" I suggested. I always say I hate pop songs with no real meaning behind them like Big Night. I mean, it's about nothing. Nothing! Hearing it god knows how many hundreds of times on the radio got me to realize that. Anyways, this song is the same way, but it's just so much fun that I can ignore the meaning, or lack there of.

"That's an awesome idea!" Drew agreed, smiling. He got this look of deep thought on his face as he munched on the cereal I had thrown at him. "Hey, what if we had Ash do the rap or some part of the song?"