4. the spell

"Hey, Bel

"Hey, Bel. Hey, Ben." Mal said after she opened the door.

"Hey, M."

"Hey. So I haven't seen you guys and I was wondering if you had any questions or anything that you needed." Ben said.

"Not that I know of." Mal said after she looked at Evie, Carlos, and Jay.

"Alright. If you need anything, just—yeah." Ben said before he started to walk away.

"Wait! Is it true that we all get to go to yours and Bel's coronation?" Mal asked as Ben turned around.

"Yeah, the whole school goes." Bella said as Ben nodded.

"Do you think it's possible that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother so we could soak up all of that goodness?" Mal asked before the prince and princess looked at each other.

"We wish you could, but up front, it's only me, Bella, our parents, Baylee, my girlfriend, and Bella's date." Ben said.

"Your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"Okay. Thanks, bye. I think It's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. I need a love spell." Mal said before Carlos tossed her the spell book.

"Alright. It says that we still need one tear and I never cry." Mal said as she mixed the ingredients together.

"Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos said as he held an onion up.

"No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness and this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly." Mal said as Evie nodded.

"A tear's a tear." Jay said with a shrug.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie said before Mal smiled.

"Listen to you."

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay scoffed before Carlos elbowed him.

"Did not."

"Yeah, I did."

"There you are, Mal! I was looking for you! All the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?" Lonnie asked after she walked into the kitchen.

"Nothing special. Just cookies." Mal shrugged before Lonnie dipped her finger into the batter.

"No, no!"