Small developments

"(y/n)! Here!" (c/n) called me from the airport terminal,and waved a hand at me in attempt to draw my attention.

I walked over to her with my luggage behind me.
When I came to her,she removed her shades and wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. I knew she cared about me too much and more than anything,she knows exactly what would have comforted me. I smiled and hugged her back.

"I'm sorry,(y/n). I know you have been going through a lot but I promise,this time no matter what,I will be there beside you and will bear the brunt of everything that comes at you,equally. I'm there for you,sis."

I tried to smile at her,though I knew I failed at it. Seriously why is it so hard to show that I'm fine?!

"I know."

(c/n) helped me to dump my luggage at the rear of her car and then she sat at the driver's seat,while I sat on the passenger's seat beside her.

There was a gloomy silence between us and she tried focusing on her driving and followed the navigations. She was still a rookie and just passed the driver's test.

"What are you gonna do now?" She asked.

I sighed. "I still have my university degree to complete and I don't have enough savings left. Guess I will look for a part time job. I can't always bug you."

She didn't look at me.
"You are still too formal. You can't think of me as your close someone,right? Talking as if I will care about how much is going behind you. I'm a full time worker,so you don't need to worry. I'll take care of your every need." She smiled vibrantly.

"No,(c/n),I need to work. I don't wanna be a burden. You are already doing too much for me. Can you suggest a suitable place?"

"There is a cafe in my neighbourhood-Anteiku.You can work there,it's got a pretty amiable environment and the manager is really friendly. And as for university,there is Kamii University,the faculty,provisions and the campus are really great. On what subject are you doing Honours?"

"(subject of choice,except Japanese literature.)"

"Fine then. You can enrol in there."

"Yeah,thanks."

*****

"Your apartment is really spacious." I dumped my luggage on the soft white rug in her apartment.

"Yeah,well,I was kinda broke a few months ago and was forced to leave the previous one and somehow I got this beauty at a really affordable price."

I nodded.

"(c/n),where is this Anteiku?"

"Come,lemme take you there." She grabbed her purse and walked out,followed by me

She locked the door and we both started walking.
The wind was cool and harsh and the sky looked morose and on the verge of tears.

"That's a pretty neat neighbourhood." I tried forcing my thoughts into morphing into something less dull.

"Yeah." Her voice was kinda hesitant and nervous. "It can be calm but-Oh here we are!"

I followed her gaze which landed on the signboard in Japanese.
I had come to Japan only twice,so I don't really know the language very well but (c/n) tried teaching me few words and phrases,and that's the best of my vocabulary.

As she opened the door to the cafe,the door chime made a soft tinkling sound,making the customers and the workers aware of our presence.

"Welcome. Please have a seat." A girl of about my age with short bluish-purple hair greeted us.