Epilogue-Let Us Be Nothing

"So will you get it aborted or not?" Sebastian asked,looking serious but the teasing touch behind those words didn't go unnoticed by me.

We were all sitting by the hospital cafeteria,where my dad was admitted and was currently in the ICU but the doctors said that he would make it through,not that I care.
But the best thing is,I get to see my cousin again,in flesh and bones. I'd wrapped my arms around her in a death hug when I first saw her.

"I don't quite remember clearly but,maybe he did...use...protection." My voice morphed into a mumble at the end of the sentence,feeling thoroughly embarrassed in discussing the subject at the current place and with the current people. It was hell awkward trying to justify the performing of protected sex to your over-protective cousin and a jerky best friend.

Sebastian huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Sweetheart,it might do you good to know that even condoms have a three percent chance of not working properly,and in turn leave you impregnated." He added,sarcasm dripping lazily from his tone.

Now it was my turn to cross my arms. He wasn't being much of a help.

"Yeah,obviously you'd know by the number of girls you've banged." I retorted,emphasing on the 'you'.

He looked affronted,but before he could further say anything to deny the 'baseless allegation', (c/n) beat him to it.
"You guys,it's not the time to have arguments with each other. It's really serious. What are you gonna do?" She looked at me.

I didn't knew what to say.
"I," I started but paused,having a block on my brain and dropped my arms to the side. "I don't know. Even if I do carry the baby,what will happen? Will I die?" I asked no one in particular.

"Maybe." My cousin answered softly.

This is ridiculous. I don't know anything for sure about any part of it. But,it's the only sign of Kaneki and it's all complicated. I do not even know what I really want to do with it. Why is my life such a mess all the time?!

But then to think,that there's a life growing inside of me,can I so cruelly dispose of it? After all,it's a part of me and if it is born,it will be my family. I get to give life to someone and allow it to see the world. I'll be a mother. It's a whole different feeling. It's my baby,I can't just dispose of it.

From a single cell,it will divide and step by step it will grow and develop into a foetus. It will grow and get nurtured inside me. I'll give life to someone and it's not anyone. It's a part of me and Kaneki. It's the flower of our love.

"I...I-I think I want to carry it." I announced firmly,taking a deep breath.
"Are you sure? I mean,is it really worth it? There might be a lot of complications and for all we know,you could die." (C/n) said,timidly like she really didn't wanna impose anything on me.

All this while that I wasn't present,she has changed a lot. She doesn't have that air of confidence or that aura of authority around her anymore. Her cheeks were sunken and dark circles lined beneath her eyes. She was thinner than I last saw her and her hair was also sparse and dull. Her skin was so pale it was almost freaky. Side effects of the chemotherapy,but hey,atleast it's nothing major.
But with her physique,she has also lost her outlook and approach towards life,she made no attempts at living to the fullest and as if just breathing air was difficult for her.

Well,I can't blame her. I wasn't there when she'd hit rock-bottom. So naturally she'd to cope on her own and with it came a huge price.

"Yup. I'm pretty sure," I absentmindedly placed a hand over my stomach. "It's my and Kaneki's baby. The symbol of what we had." My voice was barely above a whisper as my eyes trailed away in a faraway distant place. Feelings of nostalgia washed over me as memories rebounded.