Eyes locked

"Get back here,you stupid cat!" (c/n) screams snatched me from my dreams and threw me to reality.

In my half sleepy form,I could smell the tangy scent of the sheet over me,feel the soft coolness of the cover below me,hug the delicate warmth surrounding me and several other minute elements which restrained me from leaving the subconscious state.

But luck worn out,(c/n) attempts in chasing the cat and knocking over cutlery and chairs impaled the faint sense of dreaminess in me and permanently worked out in snapping the link between the two worlds.

I sat up,groggy and annoyed. Had another horrible dream.

Oh well. It's my first day in university and my part time job. Might as well put on a smile.

I got down and stretched my muscles until they felt completely elastic.The clock beside my table read 7:37 a.m.

I took my clothes,brush and towel and entered the bathroom. (c/n) was still fussing over the cat who had apparently did something that just made her day.

I looked at myself in the mirror. There were faint stains at the corners of my eyes...looked like liquid stains.I started brushing and untangled my hair with my free hand.

"Hurry up,(y/n)! Your breakfast will get cold!" (c/n) called from outside.

"Coming."

I quickly gargled and took a quick shower. The feeling of warm water running over my skin was so inexplicably soothing and refreshing. It rejuvenated my dampened spirits and I felt alive again. Woah.
I dried myself with the towel and put on some trousers and tee.

"Morning," I greeted,though the timing wasn't right.

(c/n) was staring intently at the news channel and was so immersed in it,that my greeting failed to register in her brain. Looked like something serious had happened. I sat at the table and munched on the toast while reading the headlines flashing on the screen.

"Ghouls?"

"Yeah. Secretions of the kagune were found near the park. Only blood spots were seen near the area. It's been 6 already this month...God,I feel so unsafe in this place."

That was something that instantly piqued my interest. I knew Japan had an awfully huge population of ghouls and was extremely unsafe,but I didn't pay attention to the topic till date. But now that am here,it somehow makes me curious and am awfully interested in these beings. Yeah,the thought of human-devouring creatures multiplying in such large numbers and always lurking around was awfully terrifying but,strangely,I was intrigued by their existence.

I chewed on my thumbnail while focusing on the incident. The CCG had already begun a large scale investigation.

I finished my breakfast and got up and took the plate and cutlery to the dish washer.

"You don't have work today?" I asked her.

"Oh shoot! I totally forgot! Look at the fucking time!!!" She hurriedly sped to her room and locked the door.

Oh well. My cousin sis can be so childish at times that I could hardly stifle my chuckles.I might as well get ready. Don't wanna be late the first day.

In fifteen minutes I came out with my bag.
(c/n) was literally rummaging her feet in her stilettoes.

"Come on quickly. I will drop you to Kamii!" She became hyper after which she took some tablets and water.

"What are those for?"

"Anaemia. Iron tablets"

She was anaemic? I never knew.