Believe In Me

"Seiya ..."

Seiya gazed into my eyes, pleading with them. His grip tightened on my wrist as his voice rang within my ears, "Please hear me out."

My eyes narrowed on him. Yanking my wrist away from him, I snapped, "I'm sorry, sir, but I have no clue who you are so please leave me alone."

He opened his mouth when Minako came over.

"Is everything ok over here?" she asked, eyeing me and Seiya. The look in her eyes made me almost explode in a fit of anger.

She knew! She and Mako-chan KNEW that he was out here! Why would they do that to me? I can't believe that ...

Letting out a sound of disgust and giving them both a dirty look, I made my way over to my next and last table for the night. But not before I heard Minako-chan speaking to him.

"I'm sorry that she's acting this way. She's still heartbroken about years ago. She hasn't forgiven you for ..."

I held back an eye roll at that, even though my heart clenched at the mention of that incident. Making my way to the back, I yanked off my apron and threw it down.

Mako-chan frowned, watching me gather my stuff. "Usagi-chan, what's wrong?"

I just sent her a cold look as my voice dripped with venom at my next few words.

"I know."

Her green eyes widened slightly, but only a slight sadness reached them instead of shock. "Usagi-chan, all we want is for you to be happy again, " she stated.

'Happy'? 'HAPPY'?! How can I be happy when the bastard who broke my heart years ago keeps waltzing in and out of my life as if nothing happened?! This is just ...!

Letting out a sound of aggravation, I clocked myself out and stormed out the backdoor with Mako-chan calling me.

"USAGI-CHAN!"

I tore through the snow like a bat out of hell. I didn't even bother looking around me to make sure that I wasn't being followed on my way to the car. All I wanted to do was go home, throw a few things, scream and shout, drown myself in alcohol, and soak in a nice warm bath in hopes of waking up from this ... This nightmare!

Rifling through my bag for my car keys, I was halfway to my car when my bag fell out from out of my grasp.

"Goddamnit!" I swore, adding a few other choice words as I kneeled down in the snow to gather my things.

"Why me? Just why me?" I cried to myself, trying to gather all of my things. A cold sweat ran down my spine when I realized my keys were lost somewhere in the white mass.

Digging through the pretty, but cold abyss, I nearly had a heart attack when a hand reached out to me with my keys grasped in it out of nowhere.

"Here you go ..."

My heart nearly did a leap at the sound of his voice as I brought my gaze up to meet his tender, but intense one.

He still looks almost the same as before, but also different in a way ...

My eyes widened as I gasped when a certain realization dawned on me. "You cut your hair!" I squeaked, reaching over to touch his dark locks.

He smirked at me. "Well, my hair was starting to get out of control and I'm much older than before so it was only natural to cut my hair, " he mused with a chuckle, giving me a shrug as he took my hands in his to return my car keys.

His touch is still the same as well ... My heart is aflame from being this close to him ... His eyes still have that look upon them that - PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER TSUKINO!

Snapping out of it, I yanked my hand away from him and slid my purse back on my shoulder. "Don't touch me! Don't look at me like that either!" I snapped at him, glaring.

His infamous flirtatious smirk spread across his face after a moment of mixed emotions. "Look at you like what?" he teased, sounding like the him that I fell in love with years ago before ...

Stopping myself from falling into his arms, I sneered at him, "Like that! That look makes me very uncomfortable! You don't even have the right to look at me!"

His expression crumpled to one of hurt (a sharp pain struck me at that, but I ignored it). Reaching over to me, he started, "Odango, please hear me out. That was a -."

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!" I cut him off, storming pass him. "You lied to me years ago and you're still lying to me. When will you stop hurting me?!"

Unlocking my car with the controls on my key chain, I moved to open it when he pinned me against the door with his warm body.

I could have sworn that I purred and arched my back against him at having him so close to me, his breath against the nape of my neck.

"Why don't you hear me out? Maybe not right now, but at least some time before I leave Japan again. I want to make things right with you, " he breathed against my neck, sending shivers down my spine from his proximity and warm breath.

Curse my damn body for still wanting him!

He turned me around to look at him. His eyes burned into mine with such intensity that I almost caved into him right then and there.

"You at least need to give me a chance to make things right, Odango. Surely in your heart of hearts, you know that I'm telling the truth, " he puffed against my lips, his eyes scanning my face to see if I was cracking.

Maybe 17-year-old me would've broken down, but 24-year-old me won't allow that so I snapped at him once more.

"Not after what you did! I could never trust you again! Never!" I screamed at him, struggling once more.

He rolled his eyes and pinned me against the car, holding me still. Something deep inside of me was slightly excited by how he was handling me, but I pushed it down to the darkest recesses of my being just like I did years ago when he broke me.

Using one hand to hold my wrists and the other to dig into his pocket, he retrieved a card and tucked it inside of my breast pocket. "Have this to call me at least when you're ready to talk, " he said, giving me a stern look.

I shoved at him with a huff and got into my car. My eyes met his one last time before I drove off into the night ... Trying to escape heartache again.