AUTHOR'S NOTE

I just want to thank each and every one of you. 

For the endless support, the nice comments, voting on my chapters, putting this book in your reading lists. You guys have stayed with me through good and bad. When I lost interest in this story, you guys didn't give up on my story. 

All the nice comments like "I'm loving this" and "This is really good" mean so, SO much to me and I cannot thank you enough. 

This has been an amazing journey and I'm so happy with the outcome. I'm also so sorry about the end of Chapter 8. I knew the whole plotline, so I knew it would be fine, but you guys thought I killed off the main character! XD

So again, thank you.

I would also like to thank Thesaurus.com, the ARK Wiki, and all the amazing musical artists who's songs I featured in my playlist that I use when working. And my friends of course, for letting me rant, giving me extremely helpful feedback, and just keeping me sane.

AND there's a sequel! Its going to be called Scorched Scales and its going to be awesome! I'll post a link after its out!

Here's a quick preview! :D

I pulled up on the reins, and she ascended obligingly, her feathers brushing my face. 

"Easy, c'mon, girl." I murmured.

The updraft met her wings, and we soared up the mountain side, our shadow dancing on the rocky cliff below us.

Then we cleared the peak and I glanced down with a gasp.

The ground was so impossibly far away. An ugly black gash marred the sand under us, looking for all the world like an infected scar. Lava glowed in the smoke and vapors clouding the ravine. Massive shadows shifted in the mist, betraying the wyverns' presence.

Something crackled in my ears. The hair on the back of my neck stood up.

Budgie shrieked and hurtled into a dive. I heard the sizzle as a bolt of electricity passed over my head. The thunder nearly knocked me out of the saddle.

I risked a look behind me as we flapped away. An indignant screech pierced my ears.

A wyvern was chasing us.

So yeah! I'm hyped, you're hyped, your uncle is hyped, your uncle's grandpa is hyped, WE'RE ALL HYPED!

WHOOOOOOO