S I X

Thank you guys so much for all of your support!!!
I cannot believe that Motel 7 has almost 500 reads, how insane is that?!
500 beautiful human beings have read my story?!?!

I would love it if you guys could do me the biggest favour. Go on and check out my lovely friend, turquoisetomlinson page! She has he kindest soul and a beautiful story!

I hope you enjoy the chapter guys,

I love you loads (ps. Don't forget to vote and give feedback!)

-

"Will Lola Hawthorne please come to the office. Will Lola Hawthorne please see the headmaster in his office immediately."

Oh dear god, what could I have done.

I had managed to get by the whole day so far without even so much as a disturbance on my part, so what on earth could it be that I have done now. Perhaps I was getting in trouble for being too quiet? Or for making the other students hate me?

Everybody in my chemistry class turned at the words the secretary spoke over the intercom, their eyes piercing holes through my soul.

I glanced towards my chemistry teacher, who nodded in my direction, giving me permission to leave the classroom.

I made my way towards the school's office, only to be shocked by seeing my little brother sitting in a waiting chair in the room.

Why was he in the high school's office? What had he done?

"Good morning Miss. Hawthorne," the headmaster said.

"Morning Sir," what seems to be the problem?" I asked, still very confused.

"Miss. Hawthorne, we received a phone call from Meadow Creek Hospital a few minutes ago. They would like for you and your brother to make your way over their as soon as possible," he explained to me.

My heart skipped a beat. This couldn't be good news, could it?

I attempted to speak, my mouth open in wide, however, no words fell from my lips.

"We have organized for our school's bus driver to give you a ride down there right now. You and your brother will be excused from school for the rest of today. Best wishes," he said, before turning on his heel and making his way back to his office.

Asher had a look of fear evident in his features, but he too, could speak no words.

We simply followed the bus driver out to the parking lot and into his car, to make our way to Meadow Creek Hospital. The drive was silent, my thoughts consuming me fully, and as I believed, Asher's thoughts fully consuming him as well.

I did not have a clue what was happening. We thanked the bus driver, before I took Asher's hand as we made our way through the hospital with hesitation.

"Miss. Hawthorne, please would you follow me?" The doctor spoke, with a straight face showing no emotions. Oh boy.

I told Asher to take a seat in the waiting area of the doctor's office, in order for him to speak to me alone. For Asher to not be allowed inside, this information must have been really serious.

"Miss. Hawthorne, as we discussed yesterday, your mother's transplant went well. However, this morning after some test results, it was evident that the donor's bone marrow was in fact not a perfect match for Lynn. Your mother's body has begun to reject the bone marrow of the donor," he explained.

"Wait, what? So now what will happen? Do you need to remove the bone marrow?" I asked, extremely worried and confused.

"Unfortunately, Miss, the body is not yet stable enough to perform another surgery without an extremely high risk of death. We are unable to remove the bone marrow, and without another bone marrow to transplant, there is no longer much more that we are able to do," he continued. "The bone marrow has stopped connecting to the nerves surrounding it, and is almost useless at the moment. Once Lynn's body fully rejects it, her body will be too weak to sustain her heart and her other organs. I truly am sorry Miss. Hawthorne, but there is nothing more that we are able to do."

Initially, I did not process a single word that left the doctor's mouth. I sat and stared at him, his features still blank, but his eyes showing sorrow and pain. I did not want to believe the words that he had so easily spoken. This could not be true.

Just yesterday, my mother was fine. She was healing, she was doing so well. God was on her side.

Just yesterday, I allowed myself to feel hope for the first time in forever, and now that ounce of hope was crushed.

I opened my mouth, desperate to say something, anything, but no words left my lips. I shut my mouth once again, now in utter shock.

"You may take your little brother to go and say your goodbyes," the doctor spoke once again, pulling me from my dark thoughts. "She should have between one to two hours before her organs begin to fail. We will keep her on life support for as long as possible, but there is no telling that she will survive very long, and the chance of her organs working on the life support is lower than six percent. Once again, I apologize."

I stared at him for a few more moments, before shaking my head, trying to clear my muddled up thoughts. I stood from the chair opposite his own, and walked directly out of his office with no words spoken by myself.

"What's wrong, Lola?" Asher asked me, fear very clear in his eyes.

"Ash, listen to me honey," I spoke for the first time since hearing the news. I knelt down in front of his small body, and held his tiny hands in my own. "Ash, mommy isn't doing so well. Her surgery was good, but the organ they put inside her is a bad organ now and it's making mommy very, very sick and sore. Mommy is in a lot of pain now, and she doesn't want to be in pain anymore, and the only way for her to stop feeling pain, is for her to return to God, and live with him," I tried explaining, in the least tragic way I could fathom.

"Oh, mommy is dying?"

He was one smart kid. One smart kid that needed a hell of a lot of protecting.

Without exactly answering his question, I said, "She is going to go up to God, so he can give her the only medicine that will make her happy and better, understand?"

"I- I think so," he said. "C-can we go and say goodbye before she leaves?" He asked. I could see the tears welling up in his eyes, and my heart broke at the sight.

"Of course, Ash, lets go."

-

Thank you guys so much for reading, don't forget to vote and comment!

(I hope you guys don't hate me for ending it there, and unfortunately I'm not going to be adding in a scene where they say their goodbyes because it's too sad for me to write :( butttt...)

Harry comes in soon, within the next few chapters, so keep reading!!!