T H I R T E E N

Hello guys!

Before I get on with the story, I just want to thank you all so so much for all of the incredible support that you have been giving me on this story.

Also, since none of you have commented on whether or not you prefer first or third person, I figured I'll do a few more chapters in third person, since I really love it at the moment!

I am so proud of how far it is coming and I am even more excited to get this story across to all of you, I really hope that with each chapter, you can all fall more in love with the characters, just like I am!

Enjoy!

-

With so many different thoughts swimming around her mind, Lola slowly made her way towards the staircase, which would lead her to her run-down, double bathroom-sized, temporary home.

With all of the fuzz in her brain, Lola could not decipher between the dizzy feeling fogging her brain, and the thoughts swimming around within it.

'A very special person would be passing through the motel.'

'You're too fat to eat, just like Fleur said.'

'This person was so special that they needed a body guard to protect the entire motel, in order for them to enter.'

'Ignore that dizzy feeling dear, that's just a side effect of hunger. It's a sign that you're getting thinner.'

'What if this very special person causes a flock of people to crowd the entrance of the motel.'

'Don't be a weakling. Walk up those stairs Lola!'

'What if people block the entrance and I'm late for work...'

These were the thoughts swarming around Lola's head, as she walked forwards, and upwards, and with each step she took, the thoughts began to grow louder, and the dizziness fogged her brain more and more.

With each step that Lola took, the two plastic packets filled with groceries, in her hands, began to grow heavier and heavier, weighing her down.

The simple task of walking up a couple of flights of stairs, began to seem near impossible for Lola, in her frail state.

However, Lola was determined to block these thoughts, and to ignore the pang of hunger in her chest and in her stomach. Lola was determined to pretend that everything was just fine, and she continued to push forward, despite the fact that with each step that Lola took up the staircase, the heavier the grocery bags grew, the foggier her brain became, and the louder the thoughts screamed.

Before Lola was even aware of her surroundings, and the situation that she had come to be in, Lola found herself staring at the rigging of a grey and white ceiling.

Lola heard a muffled sound in her ears, although the ringing that filled them, blocked the sound of the muffling attempting to come through.

"Hello?" She heard. The muffled sound was starting to become clearer. It was a voice, but it sounded very distant.

"Hello? Love?" The voice spoke once again, this time, sounding closer than it had before.

Lola squeezed her eyes shut, before reopening them, attempting to work out her surroundings, only to be met with the image of the rigging of a ceiling above her once again.

"Miss?" The voice continued, "Are - are you alright?" Lola closed her eyes once again, choosing to focus all of her senses on the voice in her ears.

"Love?" She heard. The voice came from a man, of that much, she was positively sure. The voice belonged to an older man, definitely not a young boy. It was husky, and deep. It left shivers up Lola's arms. The man also held a rather strong accent. One that proved that he was surely not from France.

"Am...am I dead?" Lola asked, speaking for the first time since she first opened her eyes. Lola had no idea what was happening, but she felt no pain in any parts of her body and the groggy mist filling Lola's brain led Lola to believe that perhaps, she was dead after all,and that the voice belonged to that of an angel, or perhaps God himself.

Lola heard laughing. It sounded angelic, yet it most definitely belonged to the same man that the previous voice had come from.

"No, love, you are not dead," the unfamiliar, and unidentifiable voice responded once again. "Are you alright, love?"

"Uh, y-yes," Lola answered, her voice betraying her, however, as it shook with her words.

"Can you open up your eyes, for me?" the man asked. Lola slowly allowed her eyes to flutter open, watching as her surroundings slowly came into focus.

Above her, now blocking the view of the grey and white ceiling's rigging, were a pair of emerald eyes, a pair of furrowed eyebrows, and a head full of curly locks, hanging into the face of the man who now leaned over Lola.

The man had his lower lip being held in between his teeth, as the frown on his face began to ease up slightly. A gentle half-smile made its way onto the man's face, as he moved his hand closer towards Lola.

Lola was in the Starlet 7 Motel. She was on the same floor of the room in which she was currently staying, just meters away from her door.

"Are you able to stand up, love?" the man who now had a face asked, to which I used my arms to push myself off the ground in response, and then used the weight of my body to lift myself fully from the ground, back up onto my feet once again.

"That's it," he spoke again, offering me his hand for help, however I chose to ignore it. "What happened?"

"Uh, I'm not so sure," Lola responded truthfully. "I must have just tripped and hit my head."

However, Lola was well aware of the lie that was passing her lips, as although she wasn't exactly sure of how she had ended up passed out on the floor, outside of her motel room, she had a slight feeling that it had an awful lot to do with the very special person coming to the hotel, with the fat covering the entirety of her body and most probably an awful lot to do with the fact that the last time Lola had eaten anything at all, was two full days ago.

"Oh, are you sure you're alright?" the unnamed man asked once again.

Now that Lola was up, and was able to walk once again, she nodded quickly, mumbled a small "thank you," and shuffled her way to the door of her motel room, fumbling with the key and pushing herself through her door as fast as she possibly could.

Conversing and socializing was not Lola's strong suit. She was shy, reserved and her past and present experiences kept her from trusting people. She avoided every possible form of contact with people, when she had the ability to.

Lola had not even taken a mere moment to ask for the kind man's name, or to catch the facial expression he held as she chose to run away, but the emerald eyes and chocolate brown locks, belonging to the kind man who helped her, continued to linger in the back of Lola's still groggy mind, as she slowly put away her groceries and moved towards her temporary bed.

-

Thank you guys so much for supporting my story and for reading!

Question: Who do you think was the man who helped Lola?

Please remember to vote, comment and give me feedback on the book and on the chapter!!

Love you guys so so much! <3