N I N E

Thank you guys all so so so much for all of the reads and all of the votes and comments, you guys are absolutely incredible, I love you!!!

-

"You have exactly 24 hours to get off of this property, before I sue you, lady!"

"W-what?" I was shocked to say the least. The landlord had showed up outside my apartment, threatening me to leave.

"You haven't payed your rent, and seeing as your mother's dead, ain't nobody gonna pay it now, right?" He questioned me, his strong French accent seeping through his words. I stood in shock, unable to answer his rather blunt statement.

"B-But I have nowhere to go, Sir, this is my home," I responded after I found my words once again.

"No rent, no place. 24 hours, lady. I'll be back to check that you're gone by then, and if not, I'm calling in the big guys, and trust me, you don't wanna see 'em," and with that, he turned on his heel and stormed off to the next door in his area, probably about to yell and them about their rent as well.

Oh boy. What now?

Could this day possibly have gotten any worse?

I was in a panic, what awful thing I had I done to deserve so much pain in my short life?

With nothing left to do, I went to finish up my school work before I began to pack my most meaningful possessions into my mother's tattered and worn suitcase. I worked all through the night on the work and on packing, while still trying to come up with some sort of a solution to my problem, but I had nothing.

Perhaps I could ask the lady next door for some help? Although, she had already done so much for me, by giving me money at the hospital, and for calling an ambulance in the first place. I could not dare to burden her anymore than I already had.

Regardless of where I ended up, I knew that I was going to have to get myself a job now in order to keep myself in school, and alive.

I knew that my mother had a pile of money hidden away under a loose floor board in her bedroom, which she was saving for a rainy day, and well, I guess that today was an rainy as it could get.

Going into my mother's bedroom felt surreal. I missed her so much, but I knew that she would want me to stay strong and look after myself, and find a way to get my little brother back. And so that was exactly what I needed to do, starting with getting myself a job, and now, a new place to stay until I could get a real job with a good salary. With that thought dwelling in my mind, I walked right in, taking in the fading scent of my mother's perfume, and made my way over to the floor board to retrieve the money.

Six hundred and fifty euros.

That's all I had to make it through the next few months, until I could get a little something from the job I really hope I find soon.

I took the money back to my room and hid in inside the box of my most important possessions, before making my way towards my bed and allowing sleep to take over.

_

"Move, you bitch!"

"I-I'm so sorry," I replied, my voice hardly even a whisper.

"Are you talking to me?"

"I-I... uh," I tried to respond, before getting cut off.

"You have no right to speak to me, you loser. Poor, ugly, fat girls like you, will never, ever be good enough to speak to girls like me. Understand?"

Without even responding this time, out of fear of what Fleur would say to me, I nodded my head before adjusting my view to my feet below me, listening to the sound of her footsteps as she walked away, her friends laughing along with her

I really, really hated Fleur with a passion. She had made my life a living hell since I had moved to this school, just because her boyfriend at that time had smiled at me on my first day here and offered to show me to the school's head office. I could not wait to be free from her, and from this place forever. Only one more year left, thank goodness, which meant only one more year for me to have to save up enough money to get me through the rest of school.

I walked into the room of my first class of the school day, history, being faced with a glare from my teacher for being late and stifled giggles from my fellow classmates.

"I'm sorry sir, I couldn't get my locker to open," I explained, receiving an understanding nod in return, before he shooed me to my desk.

"Morning, slut," Fleur's best friend, Adele greeted me, tripping me as I made my way towards my desk at the back of the classroom.

Ignoring her, I sat down, whispering to myself, "only one more year, only one more year," over and over again until I calmed myself down, refusing to let the tears spill in front of these awful human beings.

When lunch time came, I watched everybody burst from their classrooms and rush towards the cafeteria, making sure I blended in with the group of students to keep myself from being seen and sticking out.

"Oh look guys, now we know why the fatso is as fat as she is."

I knew that voice all too well.

Fleur.

I glanced up at her, seeing the smirk that sat on her caked face, as she looked down on me, laughing.

"Speechless? Or is your face so stuffed with food that you can't speak?" She continued, now receiving giggles from everyone surrounding her.

I knew that I wasn't meant to respond to her, remembering the words she spoke to me earlier, and I turned as quickly as I could, running from the cafeteria, the sounds of the laughter of the entire student body ringing through my ears.

The next thing I knew, I was emptying my stomach of the small amount of food that I had taken in today in the school bathroom.

Fleur was right.

They were all right, I was too fat. I was too ugly. I was too poor. And I would never, ever be good enough for anyone.

-

(For those of you who are confused- Freya Mavor [the girl in the picture] plays Fleur in this story)

This was just a filler chapter guys, which is why it is so very short, and quite boring as well, so please don't hate me!

And to all of you that thought that it was Harry at the door... sorry?

You're just going to have to wait a little longer before he comes into the picture, haha!

Don't forget to vote and comment feedback on this chapter!!