F O U R T E E N

Hello there to my wonderful and incredibly loyal readers. Much to my disappointment, I have been unable to update this book in the longest time, owing to a lack of WiFi, data or any form of connection to social media or the internet (sigh....) BUT, luckily, here I am, with internet connection!

Thank you all so much for being patient, and waiting for this new chapter.

The book is about the get interesting, so read on, don't forget to PLEASE vote and comment, and most of all, enjoy! :)

-

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.

Lola dipped her arm down into the luke warm water of the stained bathtub in which she was sitting, feeling the sting of the fresh wounds grow and throb.

She knew, and well and truly believed that each wound represented a pain which she deserved to feel.

Each new wound represented a part of Lola's life which brought her some form of misery. The loss of her mother, the loss of her brother, the anger she felt towards her father, the torment at school, the gnawing feeling of hunger that just would not stop bothering her stomach. Yet, with each new wound being formed with the simple slice of a shining, silver razor blade, she felt the pressure of her life's miseries being slowly released.

After watching the blood disintegrate as it began to blend with the molecules of the water she sat in, Lola lifted herself up and proceeded to dress, in preparation for what she called hell, but what was actually just high school.

Lola chose rather to focus her thoughts on her newly found job, which she would be attending for the first time that evening, rather than allowing her mind to drift to thoughts of her family and Fleur Pascale.

Once dressed in her warmest sweater and her comfiest pair of trousers, Lola made her way towards the door of her motel room, before deciding to turn back around and grab an extra coat, just Incase the wind decided to be more biting than usual today. The same coat she wore the evening she walked through the rain, in search of a job, which kind Monsieur Fréderic had provided her with.

Reaching the bottom of the staircase that descended towards the run-down lobby of the motel, the pungent smell that accompanied the lobby made its way into Lola's airways.

"Good morning Mademoiselle, you slept well, yes?" I was greeted with a smile, and words leaving the mouth of the kind lady, who resembled the disheveled desk behind which she sat and rested.

"Yes Madam, thank you" Lola responded, repeating the same fib that she had given to the lady just the previous day, deciding that in this case, the truth was not all that necessary.

"Will you be staying another night, Mademoiselle?" she returned, continuing the conversation between herself and Lola.

"I will be, if that's alright?" I questioned.

"Of course Mademoiselle, enjoy your day out in the town." She spoke, with a strong French accent, bidding me a farewell, along with a slight nod and a gentle smile, showing off a new mark of day old lipstick covering her one of her front teeth once again.

"Thank you Madam," Lola answered, and with that, she crossed the rugged carpet of the lobby, opening the door into reality, feeling the wind already make its way into her coat and through her porcelain skin.

Upon exiting, Lola was met once again with the very large, and serious looking bodyguard who had, just last evening, attempted to stop her entry into the motel she had just exited.

This brought back a sudden flush of anxiety into Lola's veins, as she past the eary-looking man, thinking of all the panic and stress the mystery guest at this motel would bring to her already chaotic life.