Spotted

A sliver of the sun shown as we walked down the hill. We had to get away faster but without wasting our energy. right after the sun goes down a owner counts us. We weren't that far from the pastures. More pastures were along the side of us. Horses stood agasint the fence and neighed to us. Lots of horses yelled to us.

"Hey! how'd you guys get out?"

"They're going to get you!"

"Hurry!"

"Act normal." The horses bowed their heads, and ate grass like normal. Some of them trotted along the fence back on fourth and nickered.

The light shined across all the horses checking if they were okay. Then the light shown at us.

We froze as I held Ghost close. The light continued onto the other horses..

"Whew.." I said in relief.

The light quickly went back onto us. And stayed on us. 

Loud footsteps approached us from in the pasture. It didn't sound like hoof clops. It sounded like human.

"Run!"

"She's coming!"

Some of the close ones nickered.

I nudged Ghost

"Cmon we haft to go now...."

The person jumped on a horse and jumped the fence and stood trying to find us with the flashlight. I ran with ghost far from the pastures in the direction of paradise.

Ghost tripped and I nudged his butt to push him up.

The horse spotted us with Ghost lying down. I could tell he was scared.

"Hurry.. get up... their coming.."