Chapter Six

EDITED

Isabelle walked into Scott's room to see her brother and friend sitting on the carpeted floor with the radio playing

Isabelle walked into Scott's room to see her brother and friend sitting on the carpeted floor with the radio playing. Stiles stopped whatever was playing, looking at the girl with a confused look on his face.
"Are you just getting home?" Stiles asked, "It's like eleven."
"She was with her boyfriend." Scott replied with a smirk.
"Liam?" Stiles questioned, making Scott nod. "Liam?" He repeated with more emphasis this time, looking at the girl in disgust.
"Relax, dad," She said, sarcastically. Stiles hated how similar they were sometimes. "He is not my boyfriend. Now play the tape again and fill me in on why we still have what seems to be half of a million dollars." Stiles nodded and replayed the cassette.
"After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment." The man on the tape said. Stiles had again pressed pause.
"You ever made a wire transfer?" Stiles asked the siblings.
"In this economy?" Isabelle retorted.
"So you didn't understand a word of that either?"
"I don't understand any of this." Scott admitted. "Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?"
"Someone wants you dead, dude. Badly," Stiles started. Scott took the money and put it back into the duffle bag. "Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?"
"It's late. We've got the PSATS in the morning." Scott replied.
"No. I meant the money, five hundred thousand dollars. You know how much money that is?"
"It's five hundred thousand." Scott trailed, confused.
"It's half a million dollars, Scott. What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress?"
Scott and Stiles continued to talk about the money but Isabelle paid no attention. She had just spent hours with a boy who wasn't Mason or older than her by at least three years. She spent hours with a boy she knew she felt differently towards, though she wouldn't admit that to anyone. She didn't want to even leave his side, but if she hadn't Scott would worry, and when Scott worries about Isabelle it's not pretty. Isabelle snapped out of her day dream when they heard a knock at the door.
"We found Satomi's pack." Malia began. "Derek and I. But they're dead."
"All of them?" Isabelle asked in shock.
"All the ones we found."
"Then where's Derek?" Stiles asked.

"What are you going to do tomorrow?" Scott asked as Isabelle made the two of them tea, something they do regularly at night.
"I might go and hang out with Liam again." Isabelle said and then shrugged. "Haven't given it much thought."
"So you two...?"
"It's not like that." Isabelle mumbled, putting fallen strands of hair behind her ear.
"Isabelle, do you like him?"
"I don't know. Maybe." Isabelle whispered, looking at her brother.
"Izzy, this is great. Why are you so worried?"
"He's your beta, Scott. He's part of the pack and you're extremely protective. Not to mention I don't know if he likes me. I mean they call it a "crush" when you like someone because that's what you feel most of the time, crushed. I don't want to admit I like him because that takes away any chance of me believing I don't so that I don't get hurt." Isabelle ranted. "I've never felt this way towards someone. So I'm going to keep all my emotions inside and then one day I'll die."
"So you're genuinely afraid."
"I'm terrified, Scott."