Chapter Twelve

"Alright, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury, also expensive." Stiles said, leaning on his Jeep while Scott and Isabelle sat on the hood of it.

"What about Berkeley? Don't a lot of students live around there?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, yeah, we could try Nob Hill."
"More like Noob Hill if the two of you move there." Isabelle muttered earning a glare from Stiles.

"The Jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches." Stiles said to Scott.

Isabelle looked from her friend to the inside of the Jeep, "You're bringing this old piece of junk?" She asked.

"First of all," Stiles sighed, placing his hand on the Jeep, "She didn't mean that baby, I love you. Second of all," Stiles looked at the girl he considered a sister, "Yes! You know the plan, no one gets left behind. That's the plan. Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia, uh, gonna you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan's perfect."

"Or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." Scott suggest.

"I have a vision, dude. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision."

"Am I in it?" Isabelle asked.

"Don't ruin the vision."

"Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know?" Stiles looked at his best friend, "You all right? Starting to feel it?"
No, just thinking." Scott replied.

"'Bout what?" His sister asked.

"Senior year."
"Senior year, come on, that's that's... that's nothing. That's going to be easy." Stiles said.

"It's more like something Deaton told me once. You ever hear of regression to the mean?"
"No, I don't think so."
"It was his way of saying that life can't be all bad or all good. You know, eventually things have to come back to the middle. So, think about the last few months, things have been good, right? But not amazing."

"Yeah, okay, but nobody's tried to kill us in six months either, which seems pretty amazing to me." Isabelle replied.

"Right. We've been pretty much in the middle for a while. Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. Things are gonna get really good again." Scott paused.

"Or really bad." Stiles spoke. Scott looked up at the lighting as the thunder cracked, "Think it's been long enough?"
"Yes!" A voice replied, making the three turn the Liam, who had been chained to the tree.

"Hey, trying to have an adult conversation over here." Stiles said.

Liam shook his head, "Alright, you're two years older than me and Isabelle is with you guys. And i'm fine, just let me go."

Scott smiled and hopped off of the Jeep, Stiles and Isabelle following close behind. Scott grabbed the key to the chains, "it's not that we don't trust you." Scott spoke.

"It's that I don't trust you." Stiles replied.

"But after that last full moon..."
"It was one slip up." Liam defended.
"Slip up?" Stiles asked. "A dozen calls to the Sheriff's Department about a "monstrous dog-boy" running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked. That's a slip up?"

Scott rose and eyebrow and looked at his beta, "Why were you naked?"
Isabelle and Liam glanced at each other quickly, "It was hot out that night, okay. Let me go." Liam lied, making Isabelle smirk.

"You sure you're alright?" Isabelle asked.

"It won't happen again."
"You're in complete and total control?" Scott asked.