V

Once upon a time, in a little kingdom. There was a little girl, who lived happily with her mother and father. They weren't rich, but they were as happy as they could be. One day, while being away from home, the father struck gold and back to his home he rode.

He told his family the great news! The little girl was very happy, they could finally afford some new shoes. The father built a business, and rapidly, it grew. Now the poor family was rich, but somehow something was new. 

Happiness, yes, it was slowly disappearing. As the king and queen would fight so early. The king being so busy, always leaves home. Now the queen, and her daughter are left home alone.

One day, at midnight, the princess awoke. As she saw her mother,  carrying her clothes.

Alas, the king! An affair does he have. The queen is forced to leave, having nothing, not even scrap.

Back to their old home she went, where the princess visited her in secret. She hates the king, she says. But the queen just smiles as her hair she touches.

" why can't I stay with you? I don't mind if we're poor"

The queen caressed her face and said with a smile " But oh, my love. That won't do"

--------

Kian's POV

I looked at her sleeping face while she's leaning against a wall. She looks so at peace.

I looked outside to see the rain falling even heavier each second. I sighed in disappointment that I can't take her home and yet--

Bro, this is my lucky day!
I said to myself as I made punches in the air.

You see, as we were on our way home, rain fell on us and shockingly, princess here is afraid of thunder. So we were forced to find shelter and ended up staying in this little chapel near the orphanage.

" idiot.."  I looked at her wide eyed as I realized she was talking in her sleep.

How cute!!

Damn, if only I had a phone. Too bad I sold mine to feed the kids. I mean, I can still buy a new one anyways.

Again, I kept staring at her. Examining  the very details of her face. Her hair. Her lips. Her eyelashes.

What a beauty.

But, not as beautiful as me ahahahahahahahaha

" oh princess," I said softly as I tugged some strands of her hair to the back of her ear.

" Just how can I make you mine?" I added, thinking how crazy I am about her.

" I don't care even if you drop out of school, you can just be with me. I drive the tricycle, you give out the change." I told her giggling. Just imagining it looks like a lot of fun!

" I'd rather die." She said and I stared at her intently

" w-what?" She asked with eyes half opened

" nothing, just checking if you're sleep talking or awake" I replied as an excuse to look at her longer.

" tch. Do I have to punch you to answer your question?" She rebutted, as she closed her eyes again

I laughed as I raised my arms in the air as an act of surrender
" woah, woah. You can't damage this precious face, people might assassinate you." I said jokingly.

She ignored me and  yawned as she was still sleepy.

I pointed my index finger at her, as she looked at me confused.

" what now?" She said, annoyed by me. Obviously hahaha

I continued pointing at her as I smiled.

" spill it or else." She warned me

I went closer to her, our face centimeters apart, as I saw her blush in shock.

Gaaaaah she's so adorable whyyyy?!

I tried to hold in my pleasure in seeing this new reaction of hers and whispered in her ear.

" You've got a booger in your eye"  I told her and she blushed even more out of embarrassment. Hahaha oh my adorable princess.

" w-why didn't you tell me earlier?! And it's not a booger!" She said frustrated as she wiped the thing people called morning glory from her eye

" Because..." I paused and whispered in her ear again "... I think it suits you"

And with that, it ends the story of how, kian, the most handsome being on earth, died in the hand of his loving princess.

No kidding, that girl can slap hard! I went deaf for a few minutes  hahaha

We sat in silence as the rain was too loud, not giving us a chance to go outside.

" why do you fear rain?" I asked randomly

She stared blankly at the window pane and answered " I'm not afraid of rain. I'm afraid of thunder."

" okaaaaay," I said gesturing my hand on my chin like an investigator
" so what makes you fear it?"

She looked at me, her eyes were still sleepy like that of a three year old
" Because, it hurt me."

My curiosity has been triggered.

" what? It broke up with you or something?" I said jokingly

She said with a sad smile " yeah, something like that"

Wait, did a guy break up with her during a heavy rain? Or did it kill her old lover? Or did she have a relationship with the thunder God??

" don't over think things," she said while laughing a little
" it seems like you're thinking nonsense things again."

I smiled as I saw her eyes become lifeless

" then, tell me. What did it do to hurt you this much?" She looked up and took a deep breath before talking

" It broke my home."

I looked at her a little confused
" broke your home how?" I asked

"...once, during a heavy rain. Just as the thunder echoed through our house, my dad told my mom to leave home."  She replied as she buried her face on her knees

I couldn't tell her anything at the moment, I was still imagining how it looked like. The scene, I mean.

" wow, that seems like a scene from a drama or something!" I said enthusiastically as I tried to cheer her up

She laughed as she looked at me with a smile " yeah. It kinda is."

I messes up her hair and moved closer to her " that's my princess" I said smiling widely.

That's right. You should smile. Go show the world your radiant smile like you always did before

And as if on cue thunder suddenly echoed through the chapel and before I knew it, I saw a princess holding on to me as if it were the end of the world.

I smiled as I pulled her into a hug
" w-what the duck do you think you're doing?" She said, containing her words from trembling

I laughed as I hugged her tighter
" oh, how cute. You're scared as hell and here you are still acting tough"
Another thunder came in and she held on to me even tighter

" okay, so I'll take that as a hug back from you" I told her teasingly as I wrapped my arms around her

" I-it's only for today, don't get cocky" she said as she buried her face on my chest.

I placed my hand on her head as I gently stroked her hair
" it's okay," I told her

" The thunder won't take anything away from you anymore."

And as I let go of those words, I felt my shirt getting soaked by the tears of someone who has been going through a lot alone.

I'm sorry princess, If only I could have done something about it before.

---------
Aaaaaand that's a wrap everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter filled with kian's sweetness hohoho