Gay? (OMG)

Yes, Gay? What does gay mean? Majority of the people in India don't even know what being gay actually means. To them the word " gay " is nothing but a swear word.

These are some common things spoken in India about gay people.

"He is a gay?"
"You are a gay?"
"He acts like a gay."

We living in India normally come across situations where if a boy trys to do something other than what *normally boys* do they're called gay or should I said abused "gay".

This book is not about shaming India, I love my country and I'm proud to be an Indian but what I don't like about India is it's homophobia, which isn't it's original trait but absorbed from the Victorian model code which the British brought along ...

This book is not about shaming India, I love my country and I'm proud to be an Indian but what I don't like about India is it's homophobia, which isn't it's original trait but absorbed from the Victorian model code which the British brought along them.

Hinduism is the largest religion in India and the oldest in the world. The Indian civilization is the oldest know civilization to us. Now you might wonder that was it always homophobic?

No it wasn't, it was one of the most lgbt friendly civilization. When the British colonized India they criminalised lgbt and today even after being free we still see a homophobic India.

In India, gay is less of a sexual orientation and more of a abusive word.

Imagine waking up in place which you call home but it doesn't feel like home because of all the toxicities.