Coming out

Chapter 1

Coming out, is one of the most difficult thing for a gay guy to do and for a guy living in a homophobic country it's like signing your own death certificate, haha. (Lame right?)

Once you're out, you're out, there is no going back to the comforts of the the covers of fake straightness. When I came out, people didn't say much as alot of em didn't even understand what coming out meant.

There were people who told me that being gay is against the order of nature and there were people who said I was really brave and they support me.

There were plenty of people who comforted me like it was disease or a phase and I wanted to fall on the floor rolling and not be able control my laughter

Well when I came out to my mom, as a safety measure I made her promise that she'll keep it to herself till I tell her to. I'm happy that I did that.

Her reaction was completely unexpected.
"Is this a joke ?"
"Is this a prank?"
"Is this a game or a plan for something?"

She was busy proving me how I am not gay. She then said that I'm just saying that I'm gay because it's trend amongst youngsters nowadays.

Till date only my mom knows about it in my family and I want to keep it that way till I'm able to completely support myself. She taunts me about it indirectly in front of the entire family just to make me feel bad about it.

Well, that was my story but most of the guys don't come out in India because of the ancient "Section 377of the Indian penal code" I will talk more in detail about it in the next chapter.

This law still haunts the Indian lgbt community. It was abolished in 2009 but then the supreme court legalised it again in 2013 shocking everyone.

Progress cannot be seen for the LGBT community till this law in the constitution is proved unconstitutional.

This law violates the  fundamental right to equality, several attempts have been made but they failed miserably

Several Lgbt pride parades are organised around India to protest against this archaic law.