Chapter 1

BEFORE I BEGIN: This story is based of the movie remake of Alice in Wonderland, not the original! Hope you enjoy! Also I apologize in advance for the writing mistakes, I'm doing no editing only writing. I didn't have to publish this but I did for anyone who wants to read it, so keep hateful comments to yourself please!!

Also, there are quotes taken directly from the movie, THOUGH THEY ARE NOT USED BY THE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS WHO SAID THEM, so credit to Linda Woolverton (screenwriter of the movie) and Lewis Carrol (author of this fantastic book)

----------------------------

"How do you expect me to just get along and live my life with someone I barely even know? Why don't I have a say in my own future? If this was you, wouldn't you want to have a say?" I didn't mean to lose my cool and yell at my sister, but I couldn't help myself this time.

"I was in the same position you were in, except I had father telling me who to marry, with no choice whatsoever but to listen!" She spit back at me. "I know this isn't ideal, but this is how the world works. And since not mother nor father are here to help guide you through life, I'm here to help you, and at least I'm trying to find you someone you should be with for other than business reasons, so excuse me for at least trying to help you through a life with no parents to guide the way." She seemed really agitated with me, and I can understand why. Sometimes I can be a bit assuming, meaning I sometimes forget to think before I speak.

"I know I know..." My voice trailed off a bit. "I'm sorry Margret. I know I'm not helping I just don't think that's the way it should be. I mean who made the rule that people should marry? People who were in love! Who then decided that marriage is for business purposes only or that you should be told who you love?" Just because I know where she's coming from with her point, doesn't mean I'm going to give up on mine.

"People who realized that love is a silly thing most times." She leaned forward from her chair across from me and placed each of her hands on each of my knees, smiling and giving her head a small shake as she spoke her mind trying to lighten the mood.

"Now get dressed, and look nice but not too formal. I wasn't supposed to tell you that he would propose this morning." Giving me a wink, she leaned a great deal more on my knees, using them to stand up.

"If I wasn't supposed to know them why would you tell me?" I rolled my eyes and smiled at her. I couldn't ever stay mad at Margret.

She walked out of my room, her wedged boots elegantly clicking against the wooden floors of our home. From my doorway, she answered my question. "If everyone minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does." Then she was exited from my sight, closing the white french doors behind her. I leaned further back into my chair, dismissing my formalities I was supposed to practice, even if no one was watching.

On my bed was a silk blue dress with a white apron, a corset, white leggings, and a pair of brown slip on shoes that looked rather comfortable compared to other shoes I owned, laid out and prepared for me to wear to the Garden party.

Undressing myself, I picked up the corset and observed it. Then I tossed it aside and picked up the dress, slipping it on over my head. I left the leggings on my bed as well; To me they don;t seem necessary as all they do is get in the way. Besides, the dress is long enough to cover my legs, so it isn't as if it matters. I brushed my hair and looked in the mirror as my long golden curls fell past my shoulders.

I met Margret in the courtyard and the coachmen helped Margret and I into the carriage. I spent most of the ride staring out the window, lost in my thoughts.

"Alice? Are you alright? You look a bit pale." I assume Margret noticed my intense train of thought.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like to fly?" I wasn't being silly, that is a question I wonder quite often, my imagination can be a bit overwhelming to some.

Margret lowered her head a tad and giggled at my seemingly childish question. Then her gaze turned towards my feet. "Alice!" My head turned from the window to her gaze.

"Where is your corset? And no stockings?" She expected me to be formal, but she did say not too formal.

"I'm against them." I stated rather plainly.

"But you are not properly dressed!" She was rather surprised at me for not wearing my whole attire.

"Who's to say what's proper? What if it were agreed that "proper" meant wearing a codfish on your head? Would you wear it?" I was being serious about this too.

"Alice." Margret was serious.

"To me a corset is like a codfish." I knew her point of view, doesn't mean I was wiling to give up mine.