Chapter 13

I kinda went numb after that. All my emotions... it's like they disappeared. It's like I didn't care anymore. But.. if he was that... manipulating... didn't the White Queen make him that way? Didn't she help shape him? She did practically raise him; wouldn't she promote his behavior and punish when necessary? That's it. The White Queen did this to him. He didn't do anything; it's all the White Queen's fault. All of it... I shouldn't make any decisions right now. I'm mad and confused and very biased at the moment. I should just take a moment.

I continued walking down the halls looking for my room. I guess all the random twists and turns didn't play to my favor now did they. Left, left again, this looks familiar maybe I should go-- nope. Dead end. How the heck is someone supposed to maneuver through this mess of a kingdom? You can't. You just can't. As I make my way around yet another seemingly pointless turn, I finally think I see something familiar. And it is what I think it is.

I twist the doorknob to my room and practically slam it behind me, leaning against the back of the door. My breathing heavies, my hands shake, and my eyes tear up. I hate when this happens. My body slides down the door as I lose control. Tears begin to rush out of the corners of my eyes and my face is immediately red. I can't stop it. Soon I'm bawling my eyes out; tears leaving streak marks down my cheeks. There's a knock on the door.

"...A-Alice?" It's a calming voice; but I'm sure it's the Red Queen. "Can I come in...? Let's talk it through... Alright?" I closed my eyes and took several deep breathes before standing up and opening the door. Red's eyes were like puppy eyes. Caring and calming. Not like everyone remembers.

She really has changed...

No Alice... She hasn't!

I never said you could come--Get out!!!

I was screaming in my head before I felt a hand push my hair behind my ear, and pull my head to lean on her shoulder.

"Whatever's wrong... It'll be alright." She cooed. "We will get through this Alice... I've got you. I promise. Okay?" I nodded my head in the crook of her neck. She pushed me back so I was standing on my own with her hands on my shoulders, her thumb wiped away the tears and streak marks. I've never had this feeling before.. she seems kinda like a mother. Makes sense, she was one. But this is different, this seems more of an internal feeling not a common sense observation.

So I took my chance. "Is what they say true...? Are you as bad as they say you are?" I blurted out; It took her by surprise. A big surprise. Her hand came crashing against my soft cheek, sending me to the ground. I held my face in shock.

"How dare you assume I would do those terrible things?!" She screamed at me. "I have a soul! I have feeling too!" She was raging. And crying. "Just because I'm not human doesn't mean I don't share emotion!" She slammed the door as she walked out, locking it behind her. From the other side of the door, I hear four words.

Off with her head.