3. "Voices in his head"

Kei woke up to his phone ringing, it wasn't an alarm clock.

He picked it up lazily.

"Hello?"

"Doctor Tsukishima, we have an emergency! Yamaguchi Tadashi is having a rather huge emotional outburst and we can't do anything!" the nurse yelled into the phone.

"I'll be there right away!" Kei said and hung up immediatelly.

Ah, and today was supposed to be his free day. He didn't even have time to think about what he was going to wear so he quickly grabbed the clothes he wore in the evening the day before and rushed out of his apartment.

He called a taxi and raced to the hospital.

"Is he in his room?!" Kei asked as soon as he walked into the hospital. Nurses were panicking.

"Yes, please Doctor do something!" The nurses started pleading, some were crying.

Kei rushed to Yamaguchi's room and froze once he saw what was going on.

Yamaguchi's clothes were bloody, he had a bunch of scratch marks on his body. He was laughing like a maniac whilst tears spilled from his eyes.

Kei walked into the room and kneeled down next to Yamaguchi.

He turned to him.

"Oh, here you are! And I thought you wouldn't come~!" he said while smiling.

"Yamaguchi, calm down please! Get a hold of yourself!" Kei tried to calm him down, he tried grabbing his hands so he'd stop violently scratching his own skin.

"No!!!" He suddenly stood up and hovered above Kei.

"Yamaguchi.. Please" Kei tried his best to calm him down while keeping himself calm, but he couldn't.

"Why would I? Who needs me? Who loves me? No one! Absolutely no one! I am just a piece of trash that was left on the side of the road! I am nothing to this world, I'm nothing to you, I'm nothing to my friends, because I don't even have any! Everyone left me to suffer! They didn't believe me, they didn't believe the truth! How am I supposed to live while knowing that everyone that I ever loved is gone or hates me? How am I supposed to stay calm in this suit you call a body? I want to disappear, please...let me.." Yamaguchi yelled out, tears spilling from his eyes as the blood slowly dripped on the floor.

"Yamaguchi... You are my patient. I care about you. That should be a good reason to stay alive" Kei said calmly, trying to hold back his own tears.

Yamaguchi looked up and their eyes met, he exhaled loudly.

"Please..take care of me.." he said and finally dropped his hands. Kei opened the first-aid kit that he had brought and gestured for Yamaguchi to sit down.

He carefully started treating his wounds. They didn't exchange any words, but Kei knew from his body language - he was disgusted with himself.

"Yamaguchi" Kei finally broke the silence "What's in the past, stays in the past. You need to focus on the present times, you need to focus on a goal. I think your goals should be getting better. And if you need a person to help you reach your goal, I'm here for you"

He saw a tear fall down on Yamaguchi's hand, as Kei looked up he saw him crying once again.

"Take these pills, they'll make you sleepy, but you'll also feel a tad better" Kei said and handed Yamaguchi two pills and a glass of water. He gulped them down and went to his bed.

Kei stayed in the room till he heard Yamaguchi's peaceful snores.

Once he walked out and locked the door, he saw a bunch of nurses and other doctors waiting for him.

"Is he...?" one of the nurses asked.

"He's fine. He's resting" Kei reassured them.

"Thank you, Doctor Tsukishima. You really are amazing. Though, we have another favor to ask?" she spoke.

"What is it?" Kei asked as he walked closer to them.

"Kuroo Tetsurou.." was all that she said. She watched as Kei nodded and took the files from her hand.

This was going to be his first session with Kuroo.

He walked through the corridor till he reached room 0713. Once he walked in he saw a guy, a teenager, drawing.

His drawings were much more detailed and peaceful compared to Yamaguchi's.

"Kuroo Tetsurou, I'm here instead of your Doctor today" he said. He watched as Kuroo turned to him. His eyes were red and he hadn't slept properly for days.

"Ah, Doctor Tsukishima Kei. Hello" he said and stood up, he wobbled to his bed and sat down.

"Kuroo, I want to help you, so please, tell me why you are here in your opinion" Kei watched as Kuroo looked into a corner of the room before pointing his finger there.

"Him" he spoke.

"Kuroo.. I'll need you to tell me everything from the start" Kei explained calmly. This was so much different than the sessions with Yamaguchi. Kuroo's room was clean, his drawings had one detail that connected them all. A boy.

"A bit more than a year ago I got into an argument with my bestfriend, I said bad things even though I kned how sensitive he was.. He.. He commited suicide and.. And I guess I went crazy. I thought that the texts from him were true.. So moved towns and I met a boy. His name is Kozume Kenma, he was so adorable and lovable.. But.. He's not real.." Kuroo spoke quietly.

"I see. Does he hurt you?" Kei asked. Kuroo shook his head.

"No.. He speaks.. He says nasty things.. He's pressuring me into doing things that I don't wanna do.. Even now he is saying that I should punch you, but I can't" Kei dealt with a similar problem before, so he was sure that he could handle Kuroo.

The rest of the session went by calmly, it was a relief for Kei. Before leaving the hospital he went to check on Yamaguchi again. He was sleeping peacefully in his bed.

He looked like an angel, but he most definitely wasn't one.

.

.

.

.

I'm back from Poland. It was tiring and I want to sleep, but hey.. You guys deserve a new chapter.

-hatari.