4. "Unholy"

Kei slowly opened his eyes, he turned his head to his window realizing that it was still dark outside.

His eyes then travelled to his clock.

03:16 AM

"Ugh.. Not again.." He said to himself as he got out of his bed and stretched.

Kei hasn't been sleeping well lately, it started after Yamaguchi's emotional outburst, maybe it had something to do with him. Kei would wake up in a middle of the night, stay awake for some time and then fall into his slumber once more.

Though, he would wake up tired and sensitive to everything, he would get angry easily which was not a good quality of a doctor.

He walked to his kitchen and poured himself a glass of ice cold water, he sat down and sighed loudly. Should he get some medicine? Should he ask others for help?

As he slowly gulped down the water he could feel it in his throat, it made him shiver.

Once he was finished he walked back to his bedroom and hid himself under the covers, and yet he couldn't fall asleep. Kei tried everything! From listening to calming music to raising the room temperature in order to get sleepy.

And so the morning came by, Kei's eyes were wide open, he was staring at his white ceiling.

He lost his appetite and simply dressed up and headed out for work, unlike any other morninh he didn't read the newspaper, he didn't greet anyone once he walked in. He was exhausted.

He took Yamaguchi's file and headed to his room.

"Ah! Good morning Tsu-- whoa what happened?" Yamaguchi noticed Kei's face expression.

"Oh great, now my patient is asking ME what's wrong" Kei said on a sarcastic tone.

"Role back the attitude. You look tired" Yamaguchi said as he brought his pillow closer to himself.

"Let's just start our session, okay?" Kei asked as he sat down in his chair. He noticed the slight change in Yamaguchi's drawings, a new figure to be exact. Kei was at least 120% sure it was him, who else would be blond and wear glasses?

Yamaguchi was making minor progress, it wasn't much but it was still a lot to Kei, by seeing how his answers change he could determine what he could do next in order to help this poor boy.

"Okay! I'm in a good mood today! So I will talk lots!" Yamaguchi seemed awfully cheerful, which was unusual.

"So, Yamaguchi Tadashi, why are you here?" Kei asked.

"Because I am mentally unstable and in the state that I am right now I could hurt someone" Yamaguchi answered.

"That is indeed correct" Kei said, though it wasn't an answer that he wanted to hear.

"What is the person that you care or cared at least a little bit about?" Kei looked at the answers for this question so far, nothing stood out.

"Hmm.. My sister I guess. Yamaguchi Kae." Yamaguchi said and watched as Kei raised his head from his paper.

"You have a sister?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Had. I had a sister" he corrected Kei.

"Oh, sorry. What was she like?" Kei put away his papers and took out a recorder. He pressed the red button and started recording, he felt like he might uncover something today.

"She was the best sister ever, my adorable little sister was too pure for this world. I wish you could have met her, she always had a weird obsession with tall blond guys!" Yamaguchi laughed genuily for the first time.

"Did you love her?" Kei asked. He watched as Yamaguchi's eyes filled with tears. Genuine ones.

"Yes.. More than anyone else.. She was younger than me, but whenever my parents yelled at me, she would cling to my hand and protect me, stay with me and tell me silly jokes" Yamaguchi pressed his hand against his heart and sighed loudly.

"How did she die?" Kei tried his luck.

"I'll pass this one" Yamaguchi said. The emotion from his eyes faded and he wiped off his tears. He exhailed and came back to his usual state.

"Then, what is your fondest memory? The one that you will cheerish forever?" Kei asked.

"Hmm.. I guess it would be thr day when my mother brought little Kae back home. She was so small and adorable, my life changed the moment I saw her bright golden eyes.. But enough about that.. I want to ask some questions now" Yamaguchi's emotional state changed in a middle of the sentence.

Normally Kei would ask more questions to get to the bottom of the subject, but he knew that pushing Yamaguchi too far is bad news.

"So? What is it?" Kei asked, he stopped recording and shoved the recorder back into his pocket.

"Why are you so tired?" Yamaguchi asked as he shuffled to the right end of his bed, closer to Kei.

"I haven't been sleeping well, but that's nothing to worry about" Kei answered, and yet he knew that Yamaguchi wasn't satisfied with his answer.

"Say, Tsukki, what is your fondest memory?" he looked straight into Kei's eyes, he froze in his seat - they were piercing right into his glass soul.

"My fondest memory? There's a lot, like the day that I graduated! I had a lot of fun with my friends, we celebrated all night long. Or maybe the day when my brother came back from boarding school.." Kei said, trying to avoid the memory he wanted to forget. And yet Yamaguchi caught up on it.

"I can see you are hiding something! What is it? Is it something you that is precious to you, but brings you pain?" Yamaguchi got off his bed and walked closer to Kei, he sat down in front of him and took his hand, trying to show him that he can trust him.

"I guess... " Kei said quietly, avoiding eye contact.

"Tell me" for some reason Yamaguchi sounded oddly persuasive.

"Fine... It was the day my girlfriend said that she is expecting a baby"

.

.

.

.

Looks like Yama is not the only one who has problems.
Sorry for not updating! I've been working on other fanfics, and I completely forgot to write a chapter for this one.

-hatari.