10. "White lies" (Epilogue)

"Are you sure about this?" the head of the hospital asked and pushed the papers to Kei.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I think it's the best thing to do now" Kei smiled at him and signed the papers, he pushed them back and stood up.

"Now, if you excuse me" he bowed slightly before leaving the room.

He headed to Yamaguchi's room, meeting and telling the news to a few nurses on his way.

Kei opened the door and walked in, he found Yamaguchi drawing something.

"What are you drawing?" he asked as he walked up behind him.

"You, as always" Yamaguchi smiled and turned around.

"Come here, I have some news" Kei gestured Yamaguchi to sit down.

"What is it?" Yamaguchi was rather concerned, but it had to be a good thing, Kei wouldn't smile otherwise.

"I talked with the authorities and the head of the hospital.. They allowed me one thing.. I'm taking you under my supervision, to my home. In that way.. No rules apply to us" Kei finally announced.

"Wha...." Yamaguchi felt himself tearing up. Not only was he gonna leave this place, he'll also be with Kei.

He practically flew into the doctors arms, hugging him with all his might and thanking him.

"No need to thank me. Just pick up your sketchbooks and pencils, and let's go" Kei said as he placed a kiss on his forehead.

Yamaguchi nodded and quickly grabbed his stuff.

For the first time in three and a half years he stepped out of his room. The nurses waved to him as they saw him and Kei.

Practically half of the whole hospital staff gathered by the entrance to say goodbye to their most notorious patient they've ever had.

When the hospital doors opened Yamaguchi teared up again. The outside was so beautiful, so green and welcoming.

"Go, I'll say goodbye to my other patient" Kei encouraged him and Yamaguchi ran out, he found himself lying on the grass, looking at the sky. Gosh, it felt good.

And that urge.. Yamaguchi was still trying to figure out what it was. It didn't feel nice, and it wasn't an urge to do something good. It was dark and devilish.

Kei, meanwhile, went to Kuroo, who was also standing by the entrance.

"Doctor, I don't know how to thank you" he said as Kei approached him.

"No need to do so. It's my job. I'm just glad the hallucinations stopped" Kei said.

Yamaguchi could feel the weird urge growing as he watched how Kei talked with others and smiled at them. Damnit, that smile was bothering him for some reason now, even though it was okay a few minutes ago.

Looks like the only bad thing left in him was that urge that he kept pushing aside. He shouldn't have. It exploded once he realized what it was and covered his insides with thick darkness again.

So, when Kei finally got into the car, Yamaguchi turned around waved to others. A sinister smile plastered on his face as he said:

"See you soon"

The end.