Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

His lips were so soft. Gentle, like he didn’t want to startle me.

When I didn’t move away, he added more pressure, slipping his arm around my waist, crushing me to him instead of the car. My coat was dropped, laying forgotten on the floor as I snaked my arms around his neck, running a hand through his hair. It was something I had been wanting to do for quite a while now. The messy curls were soft, thick. As his other hand came to cradle my head I was pulled impossibly closer. His cologne surrounded me, musky and spicy.

It was all Callum. And Callum right now was kissing me. He was doing quite a good job, too.

At some point, we both pulled back. We didn’t say anything, just looked at each other. The silence between us was thick, and hung in the air. Without saying anything, I picked up my coat from the floor and walked away, a smile on my face that I couldn’t conceal, even if I wanted to.

"So…yeah. Thanks again for today." I heard him laugh again as I closed the door behind me, walking straight to my bedroom and ignoring everyone else.

I was giddy. That’s the only way I could think of to describe how I was feeling. I felt like a cliché school girl who just got kissed by her crush.

Probably because I was a cliché school girl who got kissed by her - well I wouldn’t really say crush. He was just someone who I thought was attractive, but I didn’t have a crush on him.

Or at least, I didn’t before today, before that kiss. Now though, I’m not really too sure. What I was sure about, was that I certainly wouldn’t mind kissing him again. I wasn’t going to admit that though. I was still coming to terms with what had happened, I thought that kissing him in the car was a mistake; turns out it was one of the best things I had done in a long time.

I flopped face down on my bed, digging out my phone, getting ready to call Tasha and give her the latest update of my life. My plans were ruined when my phone was stolen from my grip.

“Sup’ little sister?” Daniel said, jumping on my spindly chair and wheeling it to my bed side.

“Nothing much, I’m all good, you?”

He narrowed his eyes at me, and the smile on his face dropped instantly.

“What happened outside just now wasn’t ‘nothing’.”

Oh, he saw me then. Awkward moment number three. And that’s just today’s tally.

He sighed and stood up. I automatically rolled over onto my back, side pressed up against the wall, making room for Daniel. He moved next to me, folding one arm behind his head.

“Seriously, what was that? Who was that?”

“That, dear brother, was a kiss.”

He snorted and hit me lightly on the stomach, I punched him back in the arm, the violence hardly effecting or hurting him at all.

“I know what it was.”

“Why ask then.”

“Rosie, shut up. What I really need to know is who that dude was, and also his address.”

“That was Callum. I thought you knew about Callum?”

“Yeah, I know about him. He’s the kid you’re babysitting, right?”

My face flushed at that.  He really did make him sound like a child, despite the fact that he was roughly a year old than me.

“Yeah, that’s him.”