Chapter 20

"You got it?"

"Yup"

"You sure?"

"Ya, just don't let go of the ladder Dad"

Rick and Zoey had spent the entire day getting the loft ready for Christmas in a couple days. The tree was lit spectacularly; the garland had been wrapped around the banisters and in typical Castle fashion, the entire place was covered in some kind of Christmas decoration. All that was left was to put the star atop the tree which they were currently in the process of doing. The tree this year was a little larger than usual and Zoey was standing on the top step of the ladder to reach the top. Castle was holding the ladder in place when he heard the front door open, revealing his wife and older daughter.

"What the hell! Castle!", Kate yelled at her husband after seeing her youngest at an awkward angle atop the ladder. She surprised Castle enough that he jerked, causing the ladder to move out from under Zoey.

"Dad!", she yelled as she fell from the her spot. Luckily for her, Castle was in the right place at the wrong time. He looked up in time to catch her but the weight of the girl brought him crashing to the ground with a groan.

Kate and Alexis dropped their bags and rushed over to the father and daughter. "Zoey!", they both yelled.

Zoey rolled off of her father to her back, looking up at the ceiling. Her mother was on her in an instant. "Baby are you ok?", Kate looked down at her daughter, looking over every inch of her for any kind of an injury.

"Ya, I'm ok", she stood up with a groan and walked to the kitchen with Alexis.

"Good", Kate only then turned her attention to her husband who was now sitting up, trying to get his barrings. She smacked him in the shoulder, "What the hell were you thinking! Why was she up there?", Kate was obviously pissed.

"We were...", he stopped, "You know what, I'm not going to answer that because we need to go to the hospital. I think she broke my arm", he was cradling his arm.

"Oh", Kate looked down and saw the blue that was forming on his forearm, "I think you're right", she helped him stand up. "Alexis can you stay with Zoey?"

"Ya no problem", the red head called back to her step mother, "Do you want us to wait on you guys for dinner?"

"No go ahead, I don't know how long this will take", she said as she helped her husband up and to the door. "Bye girls", she called back as they walked out the door.

"So", Alexis turned to her sister, "Movie night?"

_______________________________________

"It's just a fracture Castle, not the end of the world", Kate rolled her eyes as she dug for her keys.

"Ya, but you're still going to be my nurse right?", he wiggled his eye brows at her.

"I thought you were in too much pain for anything Castle"

"I can fight through it"

"In your dreams bub", she finally dug her house key out and slipped it into the key hole.

"My dreams come true, remember?", he said as she opened the door. They both froze in their tracks at the image before them.

"Ya, but in your dream, were your daughters there?", a small smile crossed Kate Beckett's lips.

Alexis and Zoey were curled up on the floor in a mountain of blankets and pillows. The projector was up with what looked like was their third movie of the night. Chinese boxes were scattered about and bowls of ice cream were sitting on the coffee table.

"You three have always been my dream", he smiled at her.

"Oh wait!", Kate went back to the door for her work bag. "Dad dropped these off with me at work today", she handed him a file.

"What's this?", he asked confused.

"Zoey's final adoption papers", she grinned, "The judge signed them"

"You mean?", he looked up at her with a gigantic grin.

"She's ours Rick. Zoey is finally ours"

*Well friends, this is where this story ends...for now ;) I have decided that I am not quite done with Zoey and her story. So be on the lookout for the next story in this series!!! Thank you so much to my loyal readers, you guys are amazing!

**Because of the response I have recieved about ending this story I will try and have the first chapter of the new story up tonight 12/4 or tomorrow. Also if you don't follow me the story will be called A Family Affair (it's possible I'll change it but for now thats what it is lol)