Chapter 1

HARPER'S POV

"Mia, this is our new home." I told my one year old daughter.

I sighed as I unlocked the door to our new house. It wasn't bad. I mean a two story house with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining room, living room, kitchen, and backyard isn't bad. It was also painted beige.

I closed the door and looked at our boxes that were put here by the moving crew.

"Ok Mia, we have to start unpacking." I said as I laid out a blanket in the living room and sat her on it.

"Ok, umm... you sort out your toys while I fix the living room." I said, handing her her toys and went to get started on the living room.

I was halfway done with the living room when I looked over at Mia and saw that she wasn't there.

"Oh god, not again!" I groaned as I put down the albums and searched for her.

"Mia. Mia where you. Little muggle. MIA!" I searched for her in the kitchen and hallway.

I was gonna go search by the front door when I heard the downstairs bathroom flush.

"Oh please don't tell me you're not doing what I think you're doing." I groaned as I walked to the bathroom and saw her stuff her toys in the toilet.

"Oh sweetie please don't do that." I said, picking her up and put her on my hip and started to pick her toys with my free hand.

"Mamagogopsh." She babbled and tossed a toy across the bathroom and laughed.

"Really? Really?" I said, looking at her.

I picked up the toy she flung and put them in the sink. She whined and tried to reach for them, but I smacked her hand away.

"No, they are dirty and your not going to put them in your mouth. You should've thought of that before you stuck them in the toilet." I said, pointing my finger at her and pouted. Instead of being upset, she grabbed my finger and chewed on it.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked back to the living room. I sat her back on her blanket and went back to work.

~~~~

"Finally!" I exclaimed as I put the last dish in the cabinet.

I finally finished unpacking everything and set up the rooms. I looked over at the time see that it was eight o'clock in the night and I started at four.

I walked up to Mia's new room and looked inside.

She was watching Dora while standing on her crib, yelling god knows what at the TV.

I sat down on the rocking chair and looked around. Since I loved Minnie Mouse, I decided to make the room about her. Everything was Minnie Mouse. The blanket, her bag, towels, wall stickers, everything.

I closed my eyes for a bit and sighed.

I had Mia when I turned nineteen. I didn't plan for her or anything. I didn't even want to have sex, but that's what happens when you decide to walk home alone at 11 in the night from a party that your friend forced you to go to and get raped by some stranger.

After that night, I found out I was pregnant and I decided that I was going to keep her. My mom thought it was a bad idea and that I should have an abortion, but I don't believe in killing God's gift.

Its a good thing she looked like me. The same dark brown hair, brown eyes, olive skin, and she looked kinda like me when I was a baby.

Tomorrow, I start my job as an assistant in some big company for the owner. I had an interview the other day and it went well and I got hired. My friend's grandmother is going to care of Mia while I'm at work. She babysits kids for 50 dollars a day. I used to know her when I was younger, but she moved down here with her niece.