Chapter 3

HARPER'S POV

I didn't really care that I wasn't going into work. Mr. Lennon could go fetch his own damn coffee today for all I cared.

Using this time wisely, I decided to go shopping for somethings with Mia.

Getting out of bed around nine, I took my time getting ready and dressed Mia as well.

Having a decent breakfast was amazing this morning and we waited for the Uber that I called.

A horn honked outside and I quickly grabbed my purse and Mia who lay in her carrier.

After locking the door, I walked over to the taxi and got in.

"Good morning." The Uber driver said.

"Good morning." I replied,

Telling him where I wanted to go, he nodded his head and drove off.

My phone was off thankfully so there wouldn't be any interruptions today.

The drive took a while, but the Uber finally pulled up to the mall. Thanking the driver, I paid him and got out.

Mia was transfixed with the large area as she stared with wide eyes.

"Let's get shopping." I mumbled and walked in with the large crowd.

An hour later, I had been to countless of stores and yet couldn't find anything I liked.

Mia was giggling and playing with her doll as we walked past many stores. I had to buy some more suits for work and Mia needed more diapers as well as baby formula.

Finding a baby store, I walked in and purchased things for Mia. She caught sight of a pile of teddy bears and gurgled for one.

I sighed and walked over, letting her see them. She smiled and reached for a brown teddy bear.

"Fine, I'll buy it for you." I said and grabbed it before handing it to her. She released the one she had from before and hugged her new one.

Grabbing a few more things, I paid for it all and moved to buy some clothes for me.

It was close to 4 in the afternoon and people were leaving. Deciding to pick up the speed, I entered a few more stores and bought somethings before calling the Uber driver.

Waiting outside on the side, I played with Mia while waiting.

"Ms. James." A deep voice said and I looked up to see Mr. Lennon.

Well, crap.

"Mr. Lennon. Hi." I lowly said not that happy to see him at all. I wonder if I still have my job?

"So this is where you are instead of coming into work today?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes and simply nodded my head.

"I had some things to take care of." I finally answered,

He nodded his head slowly before looking down at Mia. I could see the questions running through his head and I knew that I had to explain this.

"This is Mia... My daughter." I said, pushing back a strand of hair from Mia's face.

Her eyes were wide in wonder as she stared at Mr. Lennon and she even raised her hands as if to touch him.

"Really? You never mentioned having a child." He stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ah, yes I did actually. I explained my situation to the woman who interviewed me. She said there was nothing wrong with me being a mother working for you. I thought she would've told you." I explained,