Chapter 7: The Photo Shoot

Jordan and I walked along the sidewalk together, talking and laughing about Jordan's past videos.

"I can't help it!" I said, feeling my sides ache from my laughter. "No matter how many times I watch the Skyblock 2.0 compilation, I will always laugh!"

"Wanna know a secret?" Jordan asked, leaning in closer to me.

I lightly shuddered at the feeling of his breath against my ear.

"Okay," I whispered playfully with a slight giggle.

"Sometimes I go watch that video whenever I need a good laugh."

"Really?" I asked, utterly surprised.

"No lie," he said with a light shrug and a nervous smile. "I know it sounds a bit conceited, but it really helps."

"Interesting," I said. "I'm guessing you like a tall glass of OJ while viewing your videos."

Jordan looked at me as if I'd gone crazy. His eyes were wide with surprise and his mouth was slightly open in a smile.  "How do you know I like OJ?"

"Please," I scoffed, "you had to have mentioned it in at least one of your Captain's Vlogs."

Jordan smiled. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his Creeper hoodie and turned away from me to face the sidewalk ahead.

"Y'know, you might have to be the most devoted fan I've ever met," he said after a while.

I looked up at him with a look of confusion, question marks sparkling in my eyes.

"Devoted?" I said. "Devoted how?"

Jordan stopped walking and turned to look at me again, his brown eyes gleaming against the sun beams.

"Well," he began, "usually some of the fans I come across have seen one, maybe two music videos. Others have watched all of them and obsess way too much over them and me. Let me tell you; meeting those people in public is no picnic."

"I can only imagine," I said softly with a roll of my eyes.  "You ever met one of those fanfic fangirls?"

"Oh don't get me started," he said.  "One time I had a girl come up to me at Minecon with a printed copy of her fanfiction and she wanted me to sign it!"

"And did you?"

"Well yeah!  It may've been creepy but I'm no douchebag."

I laughed.  "Well, fangirls will be fangirls!"

"But you," he continued. "Carrie, you're different. You've seen every single video, but you don't go crazy when your with me."

If only you saw me whenever I was alone, I thought.

"Well, of course not," I said. "Internet star or not, you're still a person. You may be famous, but that doesn't mean you deserve special treatment."

Jordan smiled, his brown eyes scanning me as if he was searching for answers. "There's a lot more to you than just a girl with a camera. There's something special about you. I'm just not sure what it is yet."

I smiled. "Well, maybe you'll find out one day."

"I'm kinda hoping I do," he said softly, more to himself than to me.

I grinned.

We walked on a few more blocks past the park. I noticed there were streamers on the park trees and tables and booths being set up along the grass.  Jordan stopped in front of an old building. The walls were framed with multiple bright tan squares.  He went and leaned up against the wall while I proceeded to unload my camera.