Chapter 14: Posts and Promises

This chapter is dedicated to @NaniRox for giving me my first ever dedication! It's because of you I'm over 300 reads now! Thank you so much! Well here it is; the long anticipated next chapter! Enjoy!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I needed a plan, a tactic, a way to draw him out. He would only come if I was alone, so I knew I couldn't call Ruby or the police. I especially couldn't call Jordan. After that car explosion, there was no way I could risk him getting hurt again.

As I drove down Hollister Avenue I decided to stop at the Best Buy. It would give me the chance to use a computer without being tracked by him. I had to know how everyone was reacting to my disappearance. I had to be cautious and careful in hopes of no one seeing me and calling the police.

I pulled into the parking lot, hesitating as I parked in an empty space. What was I thinking? Did I really want to know how everyone was dealing with me being gone?

"Are you okay?" Mom asked me worriedly.

"I'm terrified," I whispered with a shake of my head.

"Why, sweetheart?" she asked.

"What if...what if I can't stop this?" I said with a tremble in my voice. "This evil has been following me for two years. Now that it has caught up to me, I'm afraid it'll be the end of me. It'll be the end of everyone; my friends, my family, the man I love."

"Don't cry, Carrie," she said softly. "Please don't cry."

"I'm not crying!" I said hotly, even though I could feel the tears bubbling up along the rims of my eyes.

"Carrie, you are a strong and brave young girl," said Mom. "Ruby knows that more than anyone."

"Ruby's always been the strong one," I said with a soft laugh under my breath. "You saw how she handled Mark, right?"

"Indeed, I did," she replied, laughing a bit to herself. "Ruby may show off her strong side, but it's YOUR strong side that you have yet to discover."

I folded my arms across my chest, feeling the throbbing of my quickening heart. "You really do believe I can do it, don't you?"

"I'm your mother," she said with a hint of a smirk in her voice, "it's my job."

I smiled, my tears quickly drying up. "I love you, Mom. Wish me luck."

"Oh, my dear Carrie," she said, "you don't need luck. You never did."

I got out of Ruby's car and tossed my black hoodie over my head. I bowed my head, the sides of my face concealed by the strands of my orange hair. I walked nonchalantly into the Best Buy and strolled casually over to the Apple computer section in the back of the store.

I was in luck. Some girl had left her Twitter account open on one of the computers...and she followed CaptainSparklez!

My heart quickened its pace as I fumbled for the mouse. I clicked on Jordan's Twitter name and was brought to his homepage.

There was only one post by him, and it was recent; posted just a day prior.  It was the picture Jordan had taken of us the night of the festival. Along the bottom was a caption crying out in desperation for me.

"Carrie Come Home!"

Thousands of comments and replies to the post flooded Jordan's page. Most of them were stupid fangirls screaming and crying about the fact that "sparklez had a gf" and "why couldn't it have been me". However, there were a few posts from his friends, including the Nanner-Man Adam Montoya, NFEN Nick Fenton, and even Pewds himself Felix Kjellberg.