Chapter 9

Austin's P.O.V.

August rolled away quickly, I was traveling around doing a few concerts and meet and greets.

I was back in Texas, I had been since yesterday. My mom broke down the other day so we just came home.

I woke up as it was a regular day, which it seemed like, it was September the 23rd, a Sunday.

I kinda slept in because when I checked the time it was already past 12pm.

I went to the living room and turned the tv on, at the same time my mom called for me.

Mom: Austin?

Her voice was a bit shaky.

Me: What?

I turned to her walking towards me, she had tears in her eyes, at that very moment I thought of the worst thing that could've happened and was in denial.

Me: No mom, it's not true.
Mom: Austin.. I'm sorry..
Me: NO DONT SAY IT

I couldn't even keep my voice on a normal level at this point.

Mom: Austin.. Mema passed away a little-

I couldn't even take it. I was back to my room before she could even finish her sentence.

My thoughts were driving me crazy. Tears came flowing down my face, I felt like I was going insane.

I walked around my room, my hands were in fists. I went up to a wall and punched it as hard as I could, I made a hole in the wall but at this point nothing mattered. I went up to my desk and searched the drawers. I found my pocket knife.

By now I was just mad. I got dressed in all black and toped it off with my black leather jacket. I called my crew to meet up with me.

---------------------
Austin's P.O.V.

Robert: Austin are you sure you want to do this?
Me: I'm here aren't I?
Zach: Just watch out for Sam.... He's there because he heard you were coming.

I looked at Alex, he gave me the "go ahead" look.

Sam and some other guys were right behind the corner.

We all walked up to them.

Sam chuckled.

Sam: Oh look who finally decided to show up.
Me: So are we going to fight or listen to this girl Samantha talk?

I joked while Sam gave me the death stare and walked up to me.

I pushed him.

Me: What? Cat got your tongue?

I laughed. I felt nothing, you could say emotionless. I smirked at my choice of words.

He pushed me back.

Emotionless, to pure anger. My heart beat raced up a few beats. My hands, that were at my sides formed into fists. I didn't second guess my next action, I just went though with it.

I punched him as hard as I could, Sam's face turned in the same direction my fist led him to and he fell to the ground instantly.

With no hesitation my guys went at it with the others. I thought my job was done with that one punch but I was pulled down to the ground by Sam.

I was shocked. He then gathered his self and got on top of me. He took a swing but I caught his fist before it even touched me.

I laughed then added "Nice try".

I could tell he was pissed off, that strangely brought me joy.

He didn't hesitate to make another move and that one caught me off guard, he kneed me in the balls.

I felt the sudden urge to throw up but nothing came out. I wasn't going to give up then and there. It hurt like hell but I pushed that behind off of adrenalin and took out my pocket knife. I was just ready to finish him off.

I switched it open and slowly got up. Sam's face flushed into a pale stage.
He was terrified and I was glad.

Me: What? Are you scared?

My surroundings were blurred.

I heard voice faintly call out to stop but that didn't stop me.

Sam: A-Austin st-stop you're taking this too fa-far

Me: Too far? Oh no this is just me getting started.

Sam: You look in-insane

His voice was shaking and he kept on backing up. I only just followed his foot steps. He walked until he was corned.

I smirked.

I finally responded to Sam's comment on my actions with "Maybe... Maybe I'm just going insane".

I was just about to stab him until he punched my right eye.

Before I knew it we were rustling on the ground. He at one point got a hold of my knife and made a few cuts on me. When I got control of it again I stabbed him. I stabbed him in his stomach. I decided not to kill him on the spot because seconds later I heard a cop car in the distance. I quickly got up and put my knife back in my pocket.

All my guys started taking off and I followed. Sam stayed on the grown while his guys tried helping him and trying to get away before the cops caught them.

I don't know who ratted us out, it surly wasn't my guys and it also wasn't Sam or his guys cause they were also running away.. I broke away from my thoughts and stopped running.

Robert shouted out "AYE AUSTIN WHY'D YOU STOP?" I hollered back "IM NOT GOING THAT WAY... I CANT GO BACK HOME.. NOT YET"

They all stopped and turned to face me, they all were bruised up.

Zach: Then where are you going?
Me: Dani's.
Alex: But-

I already knew he was going to add in something about my appearance and her dad so I cut him off.

Me: I know how to sneak in so it's fine.
Alex: Okay.. I'll talk to you later
Me: Later guys

I looked at where I was at then figured how to get to Dani's house.

Once I planned it out in my head I started walking.

I was deep into thought and was taken back when a group of girls caught up to me and asked me to stop.

I turned around and asked what they said.

One spoke up and said "We asked if you were Austin Mahone" she smiled.. They were fans.. Great just what I needed right now.

Me: Um.. No I'm not.

I lied.

Another girl spoke "Why are you lying? We know how you look.. What happened to you?"

I knew what she meant. It was my appearance she was referring to.

Me: I'm sorry.. I'm not that Austin guy you're looking for so just please stop following me.

With that said I took off.

I ran.

I finally reached Dani's neighborhood. I climbed the fence and up the tree. I didn't bother texting her. I knocked on her window and she was there.

She looked up in shock and confusion. I looked back with a blank expression.

She opened the door.

Dani: Oh my god, what happened to you?
Me: Well it's nice to see you too.
Dani: Austin I'm not playing games here, what happened you look terrible?

I decided to get off the balcony and go inside her room, I went straight to her restroom.

I looked in the mirror and she followed.

I looked at my reflection... I surly wasn't myself because I saw a whole new guy starring back at me. His face was flushed, he had a black eye and scratches here and there.

I then looked down to my hands, they had cuts on them and they look like they wanted to bruise.

Lastly, I looked at Dani and she had a worried expression on.

Me: Um.. I fell..

God that was stupid, who the hell gets a black eye from falling?

Dani: A-Are you sure you- you fell?

She could see right passed my words but I still went along like it was the truth.

Me: Yea.. I'm pretty sure I know what happened..
Dani: Oh.. Okay.. Well come sit on my bed while I get my first aid kit and some ice packs..
Me: No- no it's fine, I'm fine
Dani: Austin, you and I both know you're not fine.

She then helped me to her bed.

Dani: I'll be right back

I just nodded.

---------------------
Dani's P.O.V.

I rushed down stairs and to the freezer in search of some ice packs.

I opened the freezer and immediately spotted two packs, just what I needed. Before I went back up stairs I got a cup of orange juice.. It was the only beverage in the fridge at the moment.

I went back and opened the door quietly.

I walked in and set the drink on my night stand and then closed the door. I then went in my restroom to get the first aid kit, it wasn't hard to find so I was back in no time.

Me: Um.. Here let me get your shoes off
Austin: No it-
Me: I got it.

I kneeled down and slowly took them off, then I went over and started to take off his jacket.

He didn't fight with me so I continued to take it off. I put it on my chair then went back to Austin with the ice packs in one hand and the first aid kit in the other, I sat down on the floor and laid the items next to me.

Me: Okay.. Where do you need the ice packs?

I picked one up and finally made eye contact with him.

He grabbed my hand and pulled it to an area that I guess needed ice.

I quickly pulled away.

Austin: What? I need ice there

He pointed to his crotch.

Me: You can do that yourself.

He laughed then grabbed my wrist, the one that was holding the ice packet then slowly tried pulling it back to where he needed the ice.

Austin: Slowly, slowly, it still hurts.

He warned before having the packet get in contact with his injury.

It touched his pants and he started pulling my hand slower.

Austin: Ouch it hurts
Me: Well just calm down and put the ice on.

I forced a bit trying to get the ice correctly on.

Austin: Oww owww
Me: Austin there now just hold it.

I then looked at his face, he had one deep cut on the top of his cheek bone.

I opened the first aid kit and put some alcohol on a cotton ball to clean the cut.

I was just about to apply it on him

Austin: Wait!
Me: What?
Austin: Is that going to sting?
Me: Um.. No

I lied because I knew he wouldn't let me continue if he knew it was going to hurt.

I started to softly wipe his cut

Austin: Oww owww stop stop
Me: Just suck it up
Austin: You lied, it does sting
Me: Oh I didn't know
Austin: Yes you did.

I ignored him then put a mini bandaid on top of the cut. I then got some gauze and wrapped it around his knuckles, yes on both hands.

Me: Okay now get in the bed and relax

He followed at my instructions.

I handed him the orange juice then got the last ice packet and went over to him.

Me: Close your eyes

After taking a few sips of the juice he handed the cup back to me so I could set it back on the night stand.

I then slowly laid the packet over his bruised eye.

Me: Are you starting to feel better?
Austin: I don't know..but thanks
Me: For what?
Austin: For being so caring.

I smiled then said back "It's nothing".

Within minutes Austin had fallen to sleep.

I didn't know what happened to him.. He looked terrible.. He.. He didn't look like he regularly did. I knew something was up but I was just going to let him get around to it instead of forcing it out of him.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday-

Dani's P.O.V.

I had finally found out what Austin's deal was.. I felt so bad, and these past few days he just seemed so lost and angry and..I don't know maybe depressed.

Wednesday had came around and it was kinda an event day for me, it was my dance recital and I had to be up by 7am, kinda the usual school schedule but today I wasn't going to school. I was being excuse today because of dance.

All I had to do was put on just a tad of makeup and straighten my hair because right now until the recital I would be practicing and I would get ready at the studio, along with the others right before the show.

I hated and loved recital days, I hated these days because it was a no phone zone so that meant I wouldn't be able to get on my phone until it was over so about 6:30ish. But also I loved these days because I would be doing what I love and yes that would be dancing.

I didn't even think about telling Austin, I just got in the car with my mom and stuck my phone in the back seat and we were off.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Austin's P.O.V.

I was broken. I had fallen so deep and I didn't know if I could ever be the same. Happy would be the last word to describe me.

Today was Mema's funeral. It sounded like crazy talk but I had to push through.

I didn't even bother to look nice.

I put on black jeans, a white v-neck, with an addition of some red vans I left my hair messy because who cares right?
---------------

There was twenty minutes until the funeral started and the guys were already down stairs so I gave Dani a call, she didn't answer so I called again, surprisingly she still didn't answer. What's going on?

It was now 4:50, I texted her to come over but no reply. I then called again, no answer. I got really frustrated. Why wasn't she answering?

I waited five minutes before calling one last time, once again no answer. I just about had it.

I shouted "WHAT THE HELL" while throwing my phone at the wall.

Alex: Whoa whoa Austin, what happened?
Me: Dani isn't answering my calls or texts. She knows I'm not doing good and that I need her. WHY WONT SHE ANSWER ME?
Alex: Austin calm down before you make a scene.. Look I'll try calling her.

He called on speaker phone, it rang but no one ever answered.

Alex: I-
Me: You know what? No it's fine, it's whatever.
Alex: Sorry bro.

He picked my phone up and placed it on the coffee table.

------------

It was time for the service to start so I checked my phone, the screen was cracked... Great. It still worked so I checked for any new messages or calls but there was none.

I stuck my phone in my pocket then went out to the backyard where the funeral was being held.

I was quiet the whole time. I had my head down and didn't dare shed a tear. I was over crying at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------
Dani's P.O.V.

The recital was over and I had just finished changing into normal clothes and I was on my way out of the building with my parents.

Mom: Dani you did great
Me: Thank youuuu

Today was fun because I didn't have to deal with school.

I got in the car and pulled out my phone.

I noticed I had some missed calls and new text messages. I read through them, they were all from Austin..... Oh my god.

Me: Dad can you pretty please take me to Austin's right now?
Dad: Can I what?
Me: Dad you don't understand this is important, his grandma passed away on Sunday and today is the funeral... Just please.

He looked at me and I gave him the puppy eyes.

Dad: Uh.. This will be the only time. Now what's his address?

I wrote it down on a random envelop in the car and handed it to him.

--------------

I was right in front of his house now and it was 6:56.

Dad: Call me if you need a ride back.
Me: Yes sir, and thank you for bringing me here.
Dad: You're welcome.

I got out of the car, I could see my dad was waiting until I went inside so I signalled him to leave and he did.

I then texted Austin back, "sorry for barley responding but I'm outside."

He texted back "K"... Umm..

He came out of the house.

I ran up to him to give him a hug, he pushed me off.

Me: What's wrong?
Austin: "What's wrong" ha

He mimicked me.

Austin: WHY DIDNT YOU ANSWER MY CALLS OR TEXT MESSAGES?
Me: Whoa Austin I was busy-
Austin: BUSY? BUSY DOING WHAT BEING A LITTLE DADDYS GIRL?

He completely set me off with that.

Me: UM ACTUALLY NO, I HAD A DANCE RECITAL.
Austin: OH IM SO SORRY THATS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN A FUNERAL RIGHT?
Me: What? No I-
Austin: OH STOP WITH THE EXCUSES.
Me: WHY ARE YOU BEING LIKE THIS?
Austin: LIKE WHAT?
Me: YOURE BEING A JERK.
Austin: WELL EXCUSE ME, WHY DONT YOU GO BACK TO YOUR LITTLE FUCKING PERFECT LIFE-
Me: PERFECT? YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A FUCKING CLUE DO YOU? HAVE YOU MET MY DAD? HE YELLS AT ME FOR EVERY SINGLE THING I DO LIKE IM NEVER GOOD ENOUGH-
Austin: WELL BOO HOO IVE LOST SO MANY PEOPLE IN MY LIFE YOURE LUCKY YOU HAVE A DAD. WHO CARES IF HE YELLS AT YOU? YOU'VE NEVER FELT REAL PAIN.
Me: NEVER FELT REAL PAIN? YOU KNOW WHY MY DAD IS LIKE THAT? I USED TO HAVE A LITTLE BROTHER AND HE DIED-
Austin: Stop

He looked at me then spoke up.

Austin: Dani I didn't know..

He went over to me and tried to touch me but I pushed his hand away.

Me: YOU KNOW WHAT? GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO BE WITH BECAUSE IVE HAD ENOUGH WITH YOU.

He then grabbed my arm.

Austin: DONT YOU EVER SAY THAT TO ME.

I was scared, he was extremely strong but now was not a time to be weak.

Me: FUCK OFF I SHOULD HAVE NEVER TRUSTED A DOUCHE LIKE YOU.

I pushed him back and then took off, I ran.

My eyes were full of tears.

---------------
Austin's P.O.V.

I completely fucked up.

___________________________
(A/N): YAAAY A DRAMATIC CHAPTER, sorry for taking forever to update. But LEAVE SOME COMMENTS BELOW about what you thought about this chapter and what you thought about Austin :). Thank you for all the nice comments you have been leaving I really enjoy reading them. Please VOTE :)!