Chapter 1

1.

I wonder if anybody regrets anything right now. I regret that I didn't move when I had the chance. Now I'm stuck here. Can't escape. This place is horrible. Not only the school- the whole town. I hate it. I wish I could do something about it.

"Sydney!"

I jumped.

"Are you even listening to me? Lately you have been thinking a lot lately."

"I'm sorry it's just..."

"It doesn't matter."

"So what we're you talking about?"

"So you'll listen?"

"Yeah."

"Okay so yesterday when u was going home after school, Jake ran to me and asked me out!"

"Wait what?!"

"Yeah!"

"Congrats!"

"You see why you should start listening?"

"Yeah. Wait didn't you said you hated him yesterday?"

"What?"

"You did!"

"You just don't pay attention to what I say and make things up! I never said that."

This was Amanda. One of my friends from school. She always jumps from one relation ship to another. Yeah she's a player. But she can be a nice friend. But I swear she said she hated him yesterday cause he tripped her or something like that. I don't know. My mind just keeps going back to thinking about LA. I had a chance to go there. I could have lived there. But I refused. And then I realized how horrible this place is. I don't want to be here. I just want to be happy like I used to.

"...And then he asked me out!"

Oh crap. I didn't catch that.

"Awesome!"

"Glad you listened this time!"

I wish I did. Lately she's really boring. Or maybe I'm turning boring.

"Gotta go to class!"

"Okay catch ya later!"
She screamed.

I don't have class until like 15 minutes. I just want some time of my own. Everything is going down. My grades. My hopes. My dreams. Even my friends started to distance themselves from me. I wish it can be back to normal. I never wanted this. What h-.

"Hey aren't you my little Sydney?"

Oh no. That voice. I shouldn't have come to this part of the hallway. I turned around and saw someone I didn't want to see.

"What do you want?"

"Oh you know what I want Syd."

"Don't call me that."

"I'm going to cal you whatever I like."

"You can't!"

I screamed. That was a big mistake.

"You're screaming at me?"

I wanted to say sorry but he didn't deserve it.

"Don't pretend like you're tough or brave or something like that. We all know you're weak."

I was weak. I was small and short.

He kicked me in the stomach and I fell to the floor.

"Wow you fell from that? Such a loser."

"Why are you wasting you're time on a loser then?"
I asked trying not to cry.

He bended down and looked at me right in my eyes.

"Why shouldn't I? It's fun to see others suffer."

He grabbed my hands and squeezed them hard. I winced.

"Now you don't reply next time got it?"

"Y-"

He slapped me with his other free hand.

"Got it!"

I just nodded.

He let go of me and walked away. He was the biggest school bully. He was my worst enemy. Ever since I refused to move he came into my life. I hate it. I get new scars everyday. It's horrible. My dad keeps asking me about it and I just say I trip and fall a lot cause I know things will get worse if I tell him the truth.

_After school_

I started walking home. Today was a really bad day. I hated it. But at least it wasn't the worst day. I heated running behind me and without looking back I started running too. I'm pretty sure I know who it is.

"Sydney stop!"

Wait. That voice.

I turned back and saw someone who hasn't talked to me since weeks. Probably mounts.

"Sam!"

"Sydney!"

I hugged him.

"Sydney what with you're cheek?"

"Oh...umm nothing."

"Tell me."

"But....I can't."

"Why not?"

"Cause if I tell you then things will get worse."

"No they won't. I'll help you."

I looked around. Really hoping he wasn't here or listening to us.

"I'm getting bullied."

"And you haven't told me?!"

"Well....umm..."

"Who?"

I took a deep breath.

"Colby Brock."